Darude or anyone else... Autoimmune Issues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chootik, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi Everyone.

I wanted to post a question to Darude or anyone that is familiar with Autoimmune issues...

I have had CFS for a few years. Over that time I've taken a few Immune Boosting supplemets and most recently I've been taking Samento and Cumanda (For Lyme).

Everything was ok, except I used to get this swelling under my jaw once in a while. I thought it must be the Immune system reacting.

Recently in the last few weeks, I've noticed I'm getting really bad aches body pain, almost like buring ache. The thing that started it was a supplement with Artemicin and a few other herbs that I think was way too strong for me.

When I stop the herbs, I'm ok. Do you guys think this could be an Autoimmune reaction? I need to do these herbs to kill the pests.. but it seems I can't even do the mildest of them now, since I get this bad reaction.

Has anyone experienced this?

Darude I remember you talking about something like this a while back? What do you think?

Thanks everyone, let me know what you guys think.
    Chootik
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

Try one of these instead. I think they are gentler on the system.

Love Bunchy x
  3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

For now, I'm staying away from Immune Boosting stuff.

I'll try your suggestions though, hope it will be better.

thanks,
    Chootik
  4. Chootik

Chootik New Member

5. JLH

JLH New Member

I also have systemic lupus and issues related to it.

I stay away from all of the herbs, etc. because of not being fully approved by the FDA -- I take more than 25 meds a day and I do not need any reactions from other herbs, etc.

The swelling under your jaw may be from Sjogren's Syndrome. I also have this and experience swelling in my parodid glands -- which are located under your ears at your jawline. When these glands swell, they cause my teeth to hurt sometimes as well as my ears. I also experience dry eyes and dry mouth from the Sjogren's.

With the lupus, I also experience major body aches and joint pain.

Have you ever been examined and tested by a Rheumatologist?

jlh