Darude, others... Autoimmune Issues

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Chootik, Apr 10, 2007.

1. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi Everyone.

I wanted to post a question to Darude or anyone that is familiar with Autoimmune issues...

I have had CFS for a few years. Over that time I've taken a few Immune Boosting supplemets and most recently I've been taking Samento and Cumanda (For Lyme).

Everything was ok, except I used to get this swelling under my jaw once in a while. I thought it must be the Immune system reacting.

Recently in the last few weeks, I've noticed I'm getting really bad aches body pain, almost like buring ache. The thing that started it was a supplement with Artemicin and a few other herbs that I think was way too strong for me.

When I stop the herbs, I'm ok. Do you guys think this could be an Autoimmune reaction? I need to do these herbs to kill the pests.. but it seems I can't even do the mildest of them now, since I get this bad reaction.

Has anyone experienced this?

Darude I remember you talking about something like this a while back? What do you think?

Thanks everyone, let me know what you guys think.
    Chootik
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Could the swelling under your jaw be your lymph node?
    Isn't Artemicin a natural antibiotic? Maybe it is causing you to herx? Maybe that means it's working?

Take Care and I hope you feel better!
    Kellyann
  3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hi Everyone.

I have since given up the supplements that were causing the issues. (Garlic and Pyloricin (includes Artemicin).

I think it was a hyper-immune reaction. So now I'm on ABX and some other herbs like mushrooms to boost NK cells.

Thanks for the input.

Maryam
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

It's used as an herbal remedy for maleria but I've been reading lately it's useful for babesia. I herx on this (2 100 mg. capsules 2X per day) so I think my night sweats and heavy sweats after taking a shower or bath may be from babesia. If I'm out in the sun I herx and my head, neck and chest sweat like crazy.
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

it's always hard to tell exactly what is happening regarding adverse reaction vs herxing...

Artemisinin has been used along with mepron for babesia tho, so that might tell you something.

good luck,
    Victoria