Daughter and I had a face to face confrontation the stress put me down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, May 22, 2010.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

Due to the words flying back and forth I went into a really bad flare. I went to the store right afterwords with my husband I got really sick and could hardly stand the pain as it was and still is so intense I had to go to the car and we had to come home. My question is does stress put you into a bad flare and I mean imediately of very soon after. I had to come home and go to bed and that is why I am here on this board right now. Like others on here I am having a bad day. I was hurting today anyway due to weather a little cool out but this pushed me over the ledge and none of my pain meds are working with this intense pain today. I sometimes dream of going back to work and now I know why I can't as stress intensifys my pain and my job can be stressful. Please let me know if and how much it affects you and how quick if it does. I am interested in knowing why it affects us the way it does and if anyone knows or has information about this. It would be much appreciated. I probably won't stay on the board long as I really don't feel very good today. But will check in for responses. One thing I did notice is after I stopped working as I was a workaholic It did helped with the pain some of the time.
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Yes stress can certainly have a HUGE effect on how I feel. Stressful situations can have an immediate effect on me.
    Our bodies must react to it but shutting down ie. pain, fatigue etc.

I'm sorry you're not feeling well today!