Daughter got marriage license Fri.,boyfriend died Sun.AM(Update)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by IowaMorningGlory, Dec 23, 2006.

1. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

I am having a hard time believing it. We all are. I am not sure what the next few days will bring.

He had been admitted to three different hospitals in the last 2 months, each time for double pneumonia. Each time they treated him and sent him home but never told him why he kept getting sick. He had just come home last saturday from the hospital and the last couple days had been getting sick again. Today he seemed better so my daughter went with my husband to finish her xmas shopping. While she was gone I talked with him a couple times and he sounded fine. Fifteen minutes after the last phone call when I talked with him he was so out of breathe he couldn't hardly talk on the phone. When she got home they called the ambulance and the EMT's said his O2 saturation what 32%!

At approximately 1:30am they pronounced him dead. My daughter couldn't believe it. We still can't. It wasn't real to her until she went in later to hold his hand. The medical examiner wants to do an autopsy and she signed to have it done so maybe they can have some answers finally.

He was a wonderful guy. The first guy my daughter had had real feelings for.

I am going to sign off for now. My husband just came home from my daughters and he needs to get some sleep before work today. It is 4:30 in the morning here.

I have to be up early as my boys go to their real dad's for today and come back tomorrow and I have to get them up and going. At this point if I slept, I wouldn't hear the alarm! My foster son went to his mom's today (which he didn't want to really do)and won't be back until Wednesday. She lives almost four hours away too!

It is going to be a very stressful Christmas this year. I will make it, but because I love everyone else so much I will be strong. I will break down next week!

Take care and Kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    [This Message was Edited on 12/24/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2006]
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

That is so heartbreaking. Prayers have gone up that God would give peace and healing to all who loved him.

With deepest sympathy,

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Oh, that is terrible...Christmas will never be the same, especially for your daughter. I wonder how the hospitals could have missed his problems...was he in an Iowa hospital? It sounds like they didn't really find what was wrong with him as his body kept getting sick again. My prayers are with you and your family.
  4. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

That's incredible!! What a blow to your daughter, and your family and his.

I'm sorry this happened to your daughter will pray for all of you.
    May the Lord hold you all in the palm of His hand.

5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so very, very sorry Laurie. No words that can help, what a terrible thing to happen to a young man and to your daughter, to all of you.

Thinking of you all.

6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

7. larryh

larryh New Member

I really don't know what to say other than my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Your geek friend,
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this awful news....

So sorry,

Nancy B
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Oh, I am so very sorry. I don't even know of any other words to say.

May God be with your daughter, her boyfriend's family, and all of you. I am praying for you all...

Gentle Hugs to You All...

10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

hear the tragic news, Laurie. I hope your and your daughter have happy memories of this young man.
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm shocked. Laurie, what a horrible thing to happen! I relate to this even more because my youngest son was just released from the hospital after four days with bilateral pneumonia!

I know what you mean about staying srong for now.

My heart aches for you.

12. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I am very sorry to hear this terrible news. What a shock. My prayers are with your family and the family of your daughter's boyfriend.

13. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Laurie:

I was so sorry to read about your loss, especially at a time of family and Joy. I hope that your daughter's entire family is able to rally around her and help her through this difficult journey.

I hope that the autopsy reveals what caused his death. I know you do not want to think about it at this time, but could there have been some malpractice involved with his care? Hate to say that, but young, healthy people do not usually die of pneumonia.

May you and your family find some peace.

14. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

I'm so sorry for you & your daughter. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. I truly am sorry for your loss.

15. ckball

ckball New Member

I am sorry sorry for your loss. My daughter and finance lost a dear freind last week, a 4 year battle with cancer.

I pray that you will have the strengh to be there for your daughter. In the darkness of death, we must always look for the light and celebrate life each day. God bless you and your family. Carla
  16. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

Please extend my sympathies to your daughter. Let her know that people that have never met her are thinking of her and her sudden loss. Words don't make it any easier but time will make it bearable. Try to take care of yourself as stress will knock you into a flare. Such a sad, sad story.Hugs and strength to you and your family....Pink
  17. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this, I can only imagine how hard this must be on your daughter and everyone!

I hope they find a reason when the autopsy is done, that you all can maybe get some answers at least as to what happened.

18. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

It means so much to me to come online and see 18 responses by my truly wonderful friends! I needed to talk with someone and you were all there for me, especially impressive was that even in this busy season others had the time to care. Isn't that the true meaning of Christmas...giving of yourself.

Thank you so very much. You can't imagine how much it means to me to know my daughter is in your prayers, that we all are.

It is going to be extremely rough the next couple days. I guess I am still in denial, it doesn't seem real yet for me. I have a feeling my next step will be anger. For him to have his heart stop...I know there is something more going on no hospital bothered to catch. Why? Because this young man was one who slipped through the cracks of healthcare coverage. Not at work long enough to have insurance yet. Do hospitals treat you the same...NO. I know this for fact, I worked in them long enough.

To know he had pneumonia 3 times in last 2 months, and last time just released this last Saturday, why a week later does his symptoms reacure since he had been following orders to the tee? I too will be very interested in the autopsy. I will definitely post to those of you who are interested.

I had better get going. I still have presents to wrap and pies to bake. Is my heart in it? No, and my daughter will be here soon to spend the night.

I did go today and get her a soft, larger stuffed animal. (A pink and purple very soft unicorn) She love unicorns and the one thing she has said to me and my husband is how she is going to miss having her boyfriend there to hold. I am giving it to her tonight, so she has something to hold when she is thinking of him.

LOVE to all and Merry Christmas Eve,
    Blessed Be and Kitten Hugs,

19. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

So very sad and sorry for your daughter and you all. God Bless.

Love Anniecrom
  20. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

God Bless you and your family during this trying time. I am sitting here with tears after reading your story, it's just so sad and shocking.

Prayers going out for you and yours.