Day 2 at job.. and no...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

this will not be a daily diary.

I just wanted you all to know that even on day 2 I feel good about the job. I'm not as hyped up as I was last night, I just feel a normal (if I even know what that is)kind of tired, but the good kind.

Also, as for the job, this is only day 2, but they seem so nice and the job seems great… they actually treat you like a human being. The president of the company is taking us out to dinner Thursday after work as he said, “To welcome Ruth (uh, that’s me), and to thank everyone for how hard they worked for the past two months and it showed in the sales.”

Believe me, once I actually get use to being treated like a human again, then the old job will be a distant memory. It’s going to take a long time to get them out of my system and to build up my work and personal self confidence again, but it will happen.

I still want to thank you all for helping me through some very, very difficult times for me. I'm even feeling pretty good physically. I'm a little sore tonight, but nothing major; of course, I'm also on the fentanyl patch.

Tigger

2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

you are very brave and persistent. Jen102
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Sounds like a nice boss, taking you all out for dinner.
    Hoping for the best for you in this job and for your
    self confidence, too. Glad to hear it's going well so far.
    Nanna
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

It sounds as if you are starting out on a fine note!!

I agree, it sounds as if you have a nice guy for a boss!! I hope it remains to be true! It's hard to come by a good boss.

If bosses would only realize that his/her workers would work ten times harder for a great boss than for a jerk!! LOL Well .... maybe not TEN times harder!!! Ha Ha!!!!
  5. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

You all have been so wonderful in your support. It's been a long, hard road, and I could never had made it without all of your support, ideas, encouragment and caring.

I actually have to go in early this morning because the president wants to show me how to do a project. He usually does it, but it's going to be one of my duties. So, I may get some overtime too.

Like I said, it's new and different to be treated like a human when for the past 10 years I felt like I always had to walk on egg shells because the people I worked for were highly emotional and it changed from moment to moment. Not professional at all. This new place is very professional... afterall, they try to get jobs for people who are high level executives.

Gotta go get ready.
    Tigger
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Glad you could share this with us, share as much as you like. It is always nice to here a good thing that has happened for someone.

I hope things will continue to feel this good for you and that you have great success in all you do. We are all so happy for you

take care
    kgangel

please share with us anytime
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what a difference to work with decent human beings.

My job was like that, everyone was so nice, I still miss it 8 years on.

Take it easy when you're at home and rest up on the weekends.

All jobs should be like that but unfortunately they are not.

love
    Rosie
  8. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I havne't been on as much here lately...so trying to catch up some...

I'm so happy to hear of your new job and really Happy to hear you like it and it's going well.

Sounds like your working with and for some really nice people, it always makes your job much easier when your around great people.

So happy for you!!

((Hugs))
    Bluerose