Day 2 No aspartame

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texangal81, Jul 2, 2008.

1. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

And so far, so good. I've switched from DDP to DBR (diet big red) and now I'm losing my taste for DDP! I've also had far less than normal today. I'll try this for a few more days and maybe move on to tea and lemonade with splenda (dump the carbonation), then switch from splenda to stevia. Lastly, I might kill the caffeine but I haven't quite made that decision. Like I told my mom this morning, I'll do whatever it takes to get me out the door and to work! I have yet to see caffeine linked to this disease and if it IS, well, ignorance is bliss *LOL*.

Once I have my lapband, I will have to restrict my fluids and will stick to 64 oz of water a because I don't want to cause any stretching that will displace my band. I know that water is best for me and once I'm on it, I know I feel better than on the diet pops of the world. It is the same with certain foods. If I can just learn to view them as that first alcoholic drink, I think I just might have it licked!

Someone else mentioned "Just like Sugar" natural sweetener and I might try that too. I have a BIG problem with sorbital (it causes terrible cramps and pain) so I'm hesitant about sugar alcohols. But this apparently doesn't have any, although they do sell a S/F lime koolaid type thing that sounds good, since lime is my favorite. I am going to keep researching.......
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Great Job Texan! Way to go, your doing great!

I used to drink coke alot about 4 yrs ago and I was very sick and found out I was anemic at that time and somehow lost my craving for cokes. But I still crave chocolate ~ I don't have it everyday but when I want it..........well it just call's my name.......... :)

Keep us posted .

take care, Susan
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Keep up the good work hon...

4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Interesting. Ive actually been on vacation and haven't been reading but a few posts... but saw this one. My pain level actually dropped a few notches on vacation surprisingly. I say surprisingly because I was up late, didn't' nap etc. I realized I didn't have my Crystal light the whole time I was there. Since I have been back,(a week tomorrow) I have been almost couchbound except for going to work 2 days. BAD BAD shape. Horrible pain. Sunday I dumped my Crystal Light and started drinking just water. I don't feel any better ...yet. I'm hoping there is some correlation.