Day 3 of dmsa mercury detox

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, May 9, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Well, it has been interesting (what a useful word!) Not as bad as I thought it might be and a little different in some ways. I'm doing 3 days on (three 25-mg. caps per day), and 4 days off.

I've had fatigue that comes and goes, general wooziness, some stomach upset but not too bad (mainly some loss of appetite which is not necessarily a bad thing!). The mental part has been the strongest - e.g., trouble concentrating (I've had a few strange conversations with people ....), feeling spacey - almost high at times. And then sudden mood changes. I have read that mercury detoxing can cause severe depression so am on the lookout for that - have experienced some periods of being down, but it does not last too long.

So I would have trouble if I were at a job where I had to concentrate or couldn't rest whenever I needed to, but since I don't have such a job, am doing okay.

So all in all it seems tolerable, which is a good thing. I am on 1/4 of the usual dose Dr. Gruenn recommends, and if I continue to do okay on this, I may increase it in a couple of weeks, will just wait and see.

Of course I have no way of telling at this point whether this will help with my stamina and crashing, but I'm glad to finally be starting this. It's been on my back burner for a very long time. One reason I had put it off for so long was that I had read I needed to have 3 dental crowns replaced first to make sure there was no mercury underneath them (x-rays can't show what's underneath a crown that has a metal base) and I just don't have $3,000 - I could have charged it but kept hoping something else would help me. Anyways, Dr. Gruenn said not to worry about the crowns (all my mercury amalgam fillings were replaced some 12 to 14 years ago, cannot recall how long)

Dr. Gruenn even said that not all his detox patients have had their amalgam fillings removed, but I'm glad mine are out.

The handout he gave me said the detox can take 6 to 12 months. I'm just hoping that with all the detoxing I've been through already with various substances that it won't take that long --

I may end up taking more capsules of dmsa a day, closer to what Andrew Cutler recommends (he recommends taking it something like every 4 hours round the clock, even at night). It might actually be easier that way as Cutler says the dmsa keeps moving the mercury out of your body and so you need a constant supply, and the symptoms may be worse if you don't take it that often. Will see -

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Thank you as always for your encouragement and kind thoughts! I really appreciate it.

It is good to hear that my post sounded rational! I'm not always sure nowadays :) - I got a package in the mail yesterday and without even looking at where it was from, assumed it was from Verizon for some new service they're giving me and then I promptly forgot I even had it (this is all a little abnormal that I wouldn't even look to see where it was from and it really would be unusual for Verizon to send me a package like that), until my sister called to ask if my birthday gift had arrived. It still took me a minute to remember the package I had received and promptly forgotten, which, of course, was the birthday gift ... things like that ... where you think you're functioning perfectly normally ...

I will keep you all updated. I've been afraid of doing this but wanting to do it for a long time, and am relieved it's not worse.

Best wishes,

3. deepak

deepak Member

Happy Birthday :)

And I hope this year you will be out of all this pain and fatigue :)

4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

for the birthday wishes! Actually my birthday's not for about 3 weeks but my sister is coming to visit so she wanted to give me my present early, which was sweet.

Leah, I am going to go slow, definitely. I know that mercury is not something to mess around with.

And Deepak, thanks for your good wishes - (although I don't have pain, "just" fatigue and crashing) - it would be fabulous to get good results this year, but don't quite dare hope yet. I hope all of your efforts bear fruit too!

Best wishes,

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Happy early birthday! Thanks for posting on how your detoxing is going. I pray it isn't too harsh and it works. It's sooooo helpful for our members to hear about how we react to various treatment options. Almost everything which has helped me is something I first heard of here. The peptide injections are the exception; I saw an ad in the paper for two docs who were giving a seminar on a treatment for immune and autoimmune illnesses. It was like that ad was just for me.

I am a firm believer that when we seek, we find. Maybe not right away but if we keep the faith, and we stay alert to what's out there, something will come along to help us. I hope this is what you've been seeking. BTW, I had all my amalgams removed but I do have lots of crowns and bonding on my teeth. If I have too much mercury, it's probably from the beads of it I played with as a child. I do love fish but don't regularly eat the ones high in mercury.

Again, best of luck to you and keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Like you, many if not most things that have helped me I've learned about here or on the Phoenix Rising board. I've thought of a mercury detox for a long time because I am the detox queen (as you are the herxing queen! :) and then read about someone on the Phoenix board, who had tried Rich's methylation protocol but still kept crashing until she did a mercury detox. And Rich told me about another lady who had a similar experience. So, we'll see - no hopes up yet, way too soon to tell.

I avoid fish with mercury so I'm guessing any mercury in my body is probably from fillings which were removed quite a while ago (but mercury remains lodged in your brain and other organs even after fillings were removed) and also I liked to play with mercury as a kid too! It was so pretty and fun, those shiny silver balls ...

Thanks for your good wishes and I'll keep y'all updated!