Day #3 off of all Aspartame..........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 11, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I know what people who've smoked cigarrettes for years and try to quit feel like!! I REALLY have the habit of picking up a Diet Coke without even thinking about it. I've gotten rid of all of them at home, but we have them everywhere at work, so I have to be really careful.
    This is hard! Now, do I hurt worse and are all my bodyparts more numb right now for a reason associated with this withdrawel or is this my imagination? I'm in a major fog and I've had no restful sleep because EVERY position causes extreme pain in my shoulders and neck. I haven't been online for two days 'cause I've been so fatigued, it's hard to sit up straight and type. Right now, I feel terrible and my lower back is killing me. My hands are swollen and I've had terrible itching all over.
    Do you guys think this is related to stopping the aspartame or am I just having a WORSE flare??? (I've had a diet soda everyday of my life since 1974, I think; caffeine or non-caffeine)
    I'm trying hard to comply with the info. I've been given re: aspartame and our DD, but this I didn't expect!
    In health,
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I know what people who've smoked cigarrettes for years and try to quit feel like!! I REALLY have the habit of picking up a Diet Coke without even thinking about it. I've gotten rid of all of them at home, but we have them everywhere at work, so I have to be really careful.
    This is hard! Now, do I hurt worse and are all my bodyparts more numb right now for a reason associated with this withdrawel or is this my imagination? I'm in a major fog and I've had no restful sleep because EVERY position causes extreme pain in my shoulders and neck. I haven't been online for two days 'cause I've been so fatigued, it's hard to sit up straight and type. Right now, I feel terrible and my lower back is killing me. My hands are swollen and I've had terrible itching all over.
    Do you guys think this is related to stopping the aspartame or am I just having a WORSE flare??? (I've had a diet soda everyday of my life since 1974, I think; caffeine or non-caffeine)
    I'm trying hard to comply with the info. I've been given re: aspartame and our DD, but this I didn't expect!
    In health,
    Kady
  3. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I don't know much about aspertame, I probably don't want to know any more, however I do know if I skip caffeine altogether I get a terrible headache, sounds like you might drink it all day long, that is a heck of a lot of caffeine, I would suggest you look at "caffeine withdrawel" also.

Jaci
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Try again....it's not the caffeine; I'm still drinking my hot tea and I even have taken 1/4 of a Vivarin tablet (caffeine) to ward off the caffeine-withdrawal headaches...these I'm quite familiar with, I assure you! Over the years I've gone off and on caffeine many times, so I know all about the way that makes me feel. Right now, I feel really bad, but it may just be a bad flare, although I've been in a flare for quite awhile and I didn't think it could get much worse. I'm rambling...sorry....I just am so sore and so tired and so numb and so frustrated. I'm gonna go lie back down and I'm sure the rest will help. I took a couple of Ultram, so that'll help a little. I'm expecting the results from my labwork soon and I'm probably a little anxiouas about that.
    Write back, Sandy...thank you for your friendship.....
    Love, Kady
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

gentle hugs,
    Beth.
  6. totteacher

totteacher New Member

I know it is really hard to get away from the aspartame, too. It seems it is stuck in everything! Diet Pepsi was my vise and also I bought the little packets and dumped it on my cereal, coffee, and tea. I have gone without it for about 3 wks now. I just use a small amount of reg. sugar when I want something sweetened. I hope I'm not just imagining this, but my brain fog doesn't seem to be as bad. So, I'm hoping that continues.

The only time I've had symptoms like you are having now was when I drank a bunch of coke one afternoon (much more than I'm used to) and the next couple of days I felt awful and had itches on my arms and legs. So for me I think it was a caffeine overload.

I hope when you get the results of your tests that your doctor will be able to give you more help. It seems so much of life is made up of hurry-up and wait!! I hope you get to feeling better soon! Take care.

In friendship, Linda

[ advertisement ]