Day 3 postop

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by texangal81, Jul 28, 2008.

1. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Each day gets a little better. I do have one incision that is generating a massive bruise and discoloring so I have a call into the office to make sure there isn't a problem.

I am still pretty sore and need my liquid lortab. I have a hard time sleeping for long stretches of time because I get very sore. Add that on top of not sleeping anyway and it is a wonder I get a few hours in *L*. I haven't made a decision about work tomorrow. I'll see how I feel when I get up. I am hoping to get something stronger for pain since I know I've long developed a tolerance to what they are giving me now - they assume I'm a normal, healthy person.

I do think the surgery has brought on a minor flare but I think it is under control. My neck, shoulders, and upper back aren't in as much pain as they were. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

I think I'll hop on the scales tomorrow just for the heck of it and see. I'll keep you posted !

2. jole

jole Member

Been off the boards for a few days so missed your surgery date. Soooo happy to hear all went well and you are recouperating nicely. I'm sure there is still discomfort, not to mention the flare, which is understandable. But it will all be worth it a few weeks from now when you can feel well and actually see the difference!

Don't push yourself too fast, okay? I don't remember what your job consists of, but even just the fatigue after anesthesia takes a few days to clear out of your system.
    As for the bruising, I would think that is fairly normal, but certainly won't hurt to call and check it out.

Best of luck....continue to keep us posted! ****Jole****
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For a speedy recovery. I'm not here much and didn't realize you were having surgery. Please keep us all updated.

Love, Mikie