Day 41 of quitting smoking ( how are you doing?)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by day2day, May 7, 2006.

1. day2day

day2day Member

I am so surprised I have gotten this far!!! Still craving the little buggers but........I won't go back now.

For all of you who are making it congrats.

For those of you who have slipped don't give up and get discouraged, you can to it!!

day2day

2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I don't smoke, but from what I have heard, it is one of the hardest thing's to quit.

So a big congradulation's, you should be proud!:)

keep it up!

Best wishes,

Claudia
  3. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Just a short note of encouragement.

I gave up smoking in 1987. I smoked 60 a day. There are times when I still feel like a cigarette, but I would never relapse again. Even years after I gave up, I would wake up from a dream/nightmare? in which I had started smoking again.

You can do it. The worst is over !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. tinypillar

tinypillar New Member

My boyfriend and I are going to try quitting tomorrow (Monday). We've tried to quit several times, but I'm not quitting on quitting :)

Congrats, I know from experience how hard it is!
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

keep going ..

jodie
  6. day2day

day2day Member

Having a heck of a time last few days.

I just keep thinking of my 8 year old who depends on me and that gives me more incentive. It took me years to build stamina to quit.

I wish I could remember all of you by your names when I reply a post, but I can't. But thanks so much and wtg to those who have made it thru too.

day
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

But it's really no big thing as I was just a social smoker; no chemical addiction.

I just like to smoke at a party, when I play cards, etc. Smoked a pack a week. But once I got on the computer and played cards electronically every day, my intake increased. So I figured I'd better quit, at least for a while.

Of course I live in LA where people say the air is so bad it's like smoking a pack a day anyway.

Good luck to those of you who are struggling. I'm sure it's very difficult.
  8. lucy1953

lucy1953 New Member

Keep up the good work- I had quit for 17 years and started smoking again after I was diagnosed with fms- tried to lie to myself that it helped with the pain- not!!! I have now quit again for 15 months and feel a whole lot better.