Daylight saving - how to cope with time change?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ali-may, Oct 8, 2002.

1. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Hi all - daylight saving has arrived in New Zealand. The sun is shining and the days are "longer". A good idea, IN THEORY! But now that the clocks have been moved forward (ie what was 8.30am is now 9.30am), I'm not coping very well. I was doing ok for a while, but now that I've "lost" an hour, I think my circadian rhythms are out of whack and I feel just as tired as before! Waking up "later" and feeling bad - like the change in time is making me fall behind.

Any advice on how to counter the effects of daylight saving?

Ali
  2. ali-may

ali-may New Member

Hi all - daylight saving has arrived in New Zealand. The sun is shining and the days are "longer". A good idea, IN THEORY! But now that the clocks have been moved forward (ie what was 8.30am is now 9.30am), I'm not coping very well. I was doing ok for a while, but now that I've "lost" an hour, I think my circadian rhythms are out of whack and I feel just as tired as before! Waking up "later" and feeling bad - like the change in time is making me fall behind.

Any advice on how to counter the effects of daylight saving?

Ali
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

we're getting ready to turn ours ahead & lose daylight & that kills me. Days are too short - not enough light!