Daylight Saving Starts this Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Nov 2, 2012.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Daylight Saving Time ends at 2 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 4, 2012. It begins again on March 10, 2013.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

DST lasts longer and starts again earlier. In a few years, we'll have it all year long. That's fine with me. I don't care whether we have DST or DST :) but I wish they'd pick one and stick with it. We are no longer an agriculture-based society. Why do we run our schools and clocks as though we were? JMHO.

Love, Mikie
  3. freida

freida Active Member

"Spring forward....Fall backwards."

We can relate...to the second part, at the least. ;)

Thanks, 2catdrs, for the posting. Even for those of us too ill and old to go to work or school or religious services,
    we want to be on time for our tv programs! LOL
    (right, MIKIE?)

Both time changes effect me badly...even though I try not to let them...my "circadian rhythm" has a BIG struggle, just disappeared or has not functioned, since I first got this illness. I "manage" it, but my manageing techniques do not seem to work, at the changes.

Just one extra, relatively small, challenge to deal with.

The older (middle-aged?) kitties might wait for your activities of getting up routines,
    Diane, but I'm sure that Rosie Kitten will not! ;)

Leah Freida

[This Message was Edited on 11/03/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/03/2012]
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

EXCEPT that some of the Native American tribes in Arizona on some reservations do participate in it.

It DOES impact TV watching here because programs that are out of other time zones and playing here change forward or backward by one hour here when the time changes in other states.

It also means being aware of time changes for the East when calling back there.
  5. freida

freida Active Member

That is fascinating.

Thanks for that info.

Leah Freida
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What is distressing me is that I've been waking between 3:30 and 4:30 a.m. That means I'll start waking between 2:30 and 3:30. Yikes! Maybe I'll buy some of that Zquil and just drug myself into oblivion. I may simply be tired because my sleep schedule is so messed up. I do better on Eastern Time than I did on Mountain Time but here on the East Coast, the news doesn't come on til 11:00 instead of 10:00. That means we normally go to bed an hour later.

Wishing everyone lots of good Zzzzzzzz's.

Love, Mikie
  7. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Calms Forte' for those crazy wake ups....thank goodness I sleep thru pretty good...if I wake up, pop a Calms and back to sleep and dreaming.

Granted I woke up a 7AM this morning which is still 8AM with my body and stayed in bed and dozed off until 9AM....

Takes a while for the body to regulate AGAIN....I agree keep one time.....

Diane, I often take 2 Lemon Balm Caps with my sleep routine, one brand I take is 790mg in 2 caps, and another brand I take is 1000mg in 2 caps. This lemon balm has kept me off lorazepam since I started with it. thanks to you, my dear....and I take the LB earlier in the evening preparing my body for sleep.[This Message was Edited on 11/04/2012]
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It was interrupted sleep which was causing so much of my fatigue. The Klonopin allowed me to sleep through the night and wake up energized. Now, it's back to interrupted sleep and I think it's been since the fall that it's started up again. I think it jiggled something in my brain.

Love, Mikie
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

is just like a baby or little child who just wants to have someone to play with.

I don't particularly like it getting darker so early when I have drive to choir practice or like today DH is grilling steaks outsid.e So, we need dto get it al done before it getso dark and we can tell if it is cooker or not.

I also take a flexeril and i/2 generic klonopin at night. I still get up a few times to go to the rest room and take whatever pills I need to take, like my Strontium citrate for my osteoporosis and my armour thyroid before I have to get up and eat breakfast.

I think I tried LB and some of that other stuff for while but it worked for awhile but then quit.

Hi Mikie, Frieda, Diane and awl !! I still have a temp so can't do much of anything and am going to miss at least 2 sinsging programs on the same day.

Hugz to awl,
    Granni