Daylight Savings time so I'll update on my post valcyte life

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deserella, Nov 2, 2009.

1. deserella

deserella Member

I have not written on here for awhile, which is probably a good sign that I am doing well. Recovering from the physical and emotional trauma of valcyte has taken a long time. This Summer/Fall I have done so well though. I am taking a 3 credit class at a Univiersity on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I drive about 20 minutes to school, sit in class for one hour, drive home, rest. I teach 8 piano students. I find that if I can get a minimum of 10 hours of sleep each night I do well.

We have had some October Snow storms here in Utah and I my fibromyalgia pain has kicked in. Let me emphasize that pain has not been an issue for me Spring and Summer and Part of Fall up until the last few days.

Before Valcyte I was unable to go to school or teach piano because I was so sick and had to go live with my parents. I am now considering moving out so I can be closer to campus and take more classes. I figure that if I am living cloase to campus I can go home in between classes and rest.

I am not 100% recovered and I don't know if I can say valcyte has helped me. The miraculous recoveries you here from Dr. MOntoya's first study certainly didn't happen to me but I'm not going to give up! I am always looking for ways to improve my quality of life. Good Health to you all!

2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm very happy for you. It sure sounds like you've at least been helped some by valcyte.

Mind if I ask you what your viral titers were before, during and after your treatment? I'm just curious if you noticed a correlation between feeling better and your viral load dropping.

Best of luck to you and congrats on university. Pace yourself well and heal.

3. deserella

deserella Member

My titers are not on the same scale as Montoya's. There wasn't a signifcant drop though. It's frustrating. They need to have better tests for these viruses!