Daylight Savings Time

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzannekart, Mar 7, 2007.

1. suzannekart

suzannekart New Member

I want to know if anyone else has trouble when we go to daylight savings time.
    I have always had this problem. I feel more tired, cranky and simply like something is out of order. I have trouble with being on time to appts. and don't sleep as well.
    It keeps being more and more of the year. I don't know why it can't be one or the other all the time.
    Anyone else have problems with it?

Thanks, Suzanne
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Did you know that traffic accidents increase considerably after the time change? That is well documented. And it doesn't seem to matter whether it is the spring forward or the fall back. So we are obviously not alone with this problem.

I discussed this just today with my friend who also has CFS/FM and we both said how hard it is to get used to the time change. And our pets demand to be fed at the wrong times too!

I wish they would just leave the time alone. We have one province here in Canada (Saskatchewan) that does not do the time change because there are a lot of farmers there and they like the time the way it is now.

Pepper
  3. MsE

MsE New Member

Falling back is what messes up my system.

Actually, I appreciate the lighter evening hours because I have cataracts and glaucoma and driving in the dusk is a "no no." After the switch I'll be able to attend my granddaughter's basketball games.
  4. lil_angel1198

lil_angel1198 New Member

is better for me than the one in the fall.
    I wish they would leave it alone and not change it in the fall. My body likes the spring and summer time better.
  5. romalaw

romalaw Member

I'm glad to you brought this subject up. I'm really dreading the time change (2 weeks early no less!!), it really throws my system off and disrupts my sleep and circadian rhythm. It takes me a few weeks to adjust. I discussed this with my CFS doc who says most of his patient have trouble when the seasons change and the time changes only compound their adjustment. So you see, we're normal--for CFSers, that is.