DAYTIME Grogginess/Fatigue Remedies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by msSusan, Jun 17, 2008.

1. msSusan

msSusan Member

I've having a terrible time with DAYTIME grogginess/fatigue from med's and probably adrenal fatigue. What are people taking/doing to help with this problem?

I'm taking homeopathic Adrena Comp but it doesn't help much. I also think I may have intolerence to ethanol base.

I'm taking low dose of gabapentin, 200 mg at night. I've tried higher dose and get VERY GROGGY. I also take 200 mg Celebrex in a.m. I get very groggy if I take extra in p.m.

I'm taking Multivit, B Complex, 1,000 mg vit. D, DHEA, digestive enzymes, 100 mg magnesium complex. Plain yogurt for probiotic.

REPLY:
    ULTRAM makes me very hyper (no real pain relief) and overdue things even with only 50mg before noon. I also have trouble sleeping after taking Ultram and also get very constipated.

REPLY:
    My "D" level was at 9 a few months ago. I feel much more achy when taking more than 1,000 mg. I also try to get unprotected sun early in the day to supplement.

GABA causes strange burning in my mouth even in capsule.
    Inositol, 5-HTP and other amino acids causes headaches even in small doses. I'm very sensitive to supplements.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2008]
  2. michsteep

michsteep New Member

I rely on my tramodol. It's a painkiller which the dr says will take away the pain. It must work because when I take it every 4 hrs I have the energy to keep going. When I'm working, I also rely on an energy drink that gives me B12 w/o additional caffeine. I do take a multi and msm during the day ....
  3. BrainFogBaby

BrainFogBaby New Member

Green tea, B-12 spray (methylcolbalamine works best) and CoQ-10 have helped mildly. I also notice a difference when I DON'T take my supplements which contain glutathione, so that may be part of the puzzle.
  4. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

i dont believe my doctor tested for vitamin d, but i have afternoon grogginess. some of it is because i wake up in pain between 3 and 5 everyday and have a hard time falling back to sleep and getting comfortable. does vitamin d boost energy. i drink vitamin b enhanced drinks plus take a b complex vitamin everyday.
  5. spacee

spacee Member

It only went down when I was on the Marshall Protocol.

But you asked about daytime fatigue. I am just experimenting with Kirkmans Magnesium/Sulfate Cream...about $18 a jar. They have a site you can google.

Dr. Cheney says that this stuff gives energy for a hour tops.
    However, I too, am sensitive to some things so far this stuff has lasted about 6 hours for me. It is now a "must have" for me.

Today I am having a tired day. I think it is because two of my sons were here this weekend. I used this cream and did so well that I still can't believe it. I left the house at 9am and drove to Orlando behind my hubby and sometimes he was going 80 mpg (well, everyone else was too). But I felt so confident and brain alert. We ate out, shopped for my son a new "teaching" wardrobe" and took the 2nd son to the airport. Then Mon. and Tues were better than usual...got some cleaning done. So, today I do feel tired but still able to go to exercise class.

I do use less of the cream on a daily basis and the regular amount when doing all day things. I am learning how to adjust to what it does to me. I am aware that I have just a certain amount of "eggs in my basket" (Dr. Lapp used to say) energy wise and I don't want to over do unless it involves relatives being here.

I might be more tired today cause I didn't take my B-12 shots the last two nights. Bad about skipping them if I am feeling ok.

Spacee
  6. cfsandlyme

cfsandlyme New Member

I am forced to rely on caffeine, as well as a product called ENADA, for energy. Both help a little bit.
  7. spacee

spacee Member

Those two things helped me too. I think I am just getting older and some of my "friends" aren't helping as much as they did. (I'm 58).

Good options though.

Spacee

8. jaded_lady

jaded_lady New Member

mssusan
    My level was at 6 March 13, About March 21 I had a prescription for 50,000 IU and started taking 1 2 times a week.

I have only recently started feeling better. I do have a prescription of Provigil. It may work (giving me energy) or I may fall asleep after taking it.

D3 is the best form, but you probably need a prescription strength D for a few months.

jaba520 you need to get the test. The D is helping with pain and energy.

Jammin you will love this, I told a friend to get her D tested, her Dr. said "you watch too much tv". There is NOTHING on TV about D! He just blew her off.

I told her to go to a different Dr.