Dealing with death

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by snowbird18, Oct 14, 2008.

1. snowbird18

snowbird18 New Member

My sister is dying of brain cancer; it's been very hard dealing with this. My fibro is at it's worst due to the stress of losing her. My ribcage is so bad that it hurts to breathe. Anyone have any suggestions?
  2. snowbird18

snowbird18 New Member

Cate, if you're reading this - thanks for the wonderful response. It was very thought provoking~
  3. peggyanne

peggyanne New Member

Snowbird18,so sorry about your sister,my brother had brain cancer too and it was very hard to deal with his dying and its still hard after 10 years. Have you been to the doctors about your ribcage pain and your breathing you may be coming down with something i hope not. My prayers are with you, Hugs Peggy
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I had to deal with the death of my Mum then my brother 10 weeks later. It was a very difficult time. Watching someone die from cancer is horrendous.

Don't hold back, cry when you need to and remember there is no time limit on grieving.

Life moves on, I hoped so often that the world would just stop and allow me time to mourn, to breathe but it doesn't.

I hope you have family and friends who can see you through this time.

5. sascha

sascha Member

it has been three years ago now. so hard to watch her go through this. i moved in with her or close to her for a total of 17 months of the three years as she was dealing with this.
    i hated so to have her go. i was dealing with cfids condition throughout this time--- i helped out as much as i could

it was oh so hard and sad; but also joyful having very close time with her. she dealt amazingly and it taught me a lot- the whole process. i am less afraid of death now. they way she handled it inspired me; my mother, too, was amazing the way she dealt with a stroke, and knew she was dying within a number of days.

it is such a deep experience that you share with her. the sorrow is so deep; the connection endures- love to you and your sister- i'm thinking of you- very best from Sascha
  6. Empower

Empower New Member

I am very sorry to hear that

I have lost so many people dear to me, and many to cancer

My only advise is to take some time for something special, see a movie, treat yourself to a new outfit, have a facial, get your nails done

Take care and peace be with you
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I have no great words of wisdom. I just wanted you to know that I am sorry that you are dealing with this. I can only imagine how difficult it must be.

I cried for you, for your sister, for all of the posters after you who have experienced the loss of close loved ones.

I dread the day.

Love and prayers to you. I do agree with those who said to take time for yourself. Allow yourself to feel what you need to feel. Care for you first so that you can be there for your sister.

8. whoachief

whoachief New Member

that you are going thru such a difficult situation. I lost both my parents in 2002 and I remember well how overwhelmingly difficult it was - both physically & emotionally. Try to take care of yourself & remember that we are here for you!
  9. ChyC

ChyC New Member

I just lost my cousin recently and her loss is felt by all in our family. I will have you in my thoughts and wish you all the best and your sister comfort during her illness.

Hugs Chy

10. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

My heart aches for you. My nine year old grandson has a inopertable brain tumor. The tumor is wrapped around his brain. It is slow growing and they have kept it under control with chemo. They cannot use radiation as it would make him a vegatable. It has caused him to go blind with the exeception of shadows. He is the braveist little boy I know. His spirit is truley amazing and when I feel sorry for myself I think about how strong he is and what he has had to endure in his life. I myself have had cancer I have been clean since the early 80's and I think your sister probably is more worried about her loved ones as she is about herself as I know I was more concerned about my loved ones then myself. I feel it is important that you let her know if she is capable at this point of understanding that you will be strong for her as she needs to know that you will be alright and that probably will ease some of the emotional turmoil. My grandson had a bad set back as they gave him a growth hormone that made his tumor have a splurt of growth. He had to have his port put back in and he started to cry but, when that happen his mother started to cry and he looked at her and said "don't cry mommy I don't mind everything will be o.k.". It was important to him to know that his mommy would be o.k. I am glad that you are there for your sister. But remember you must take care of yourself for her sake as well as your own. This is a very difficult time for you and your family and I will pray for you all. Please take care. Bobbycat
    [This Message was Edited on 10/16/2008]