Dear AJME Re: END GAME For Antibiotic Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have mentioned what the "END GAME" is for ABX therapy. I have posted numerous times on my own end game here. Please see my response to the post on "Mycoplasma Controversy." There really is a light at the end of the tunnel and even if there isn't, the journey is made more tolerable with the ABX if one has a chronic bacterial infection.

Love, Mikie
  2. AJME

AJME New Member

Hi Mikie,

I truly believe there is a END GAME for ABX for the treatment of FM and RA.... BUT from what I read at the ROAD BACK FOUNDATION website message board I see many
    people (mainly ABX for RA) trying to get off ABX only to see
    their symptoms reappear after a few weeks/months.

Many of the RA patients have been on ABX for years. Many of the patients put how many years they been on ABX plus diagnoses next to their screen-names. Many have been on ABX 3+ years.

Some of the RA patients have been on ABX so long the color of their skin has darken or they have gotten dark patches. They also have other problems popping up after years of ABX usuage. I'm not trying to scare anyone....its a small price to pay to be pain-free from RA.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That I am getting ready to stop the ABX after only about a year. I accepted the possibility that I might have to take them for years or even the rest of my life. ABX treatment is like all our other treatments; it works differently in different people.

Letting mycoplasmas run rampant in the body can definitely lead to more serious problems like scleroderma, RA, Lupus, and MS, to name just a few. This is also a possibility with other chronic stealth infections.

Perhaps one reason I have done so well on the Doxy is that I also get lots of rest, try to decrease stress, do physical therapy, take my Gaui and Klonopin, and try to build up my immune system. I have also recently lost weight and brought my lipids and blood pressure back down to normal so that isn't putting stress on my body. In other words, I'm trying to do everything right, not just depend on the ABX for healing.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]