Dear friends

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Sep 30, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I just thought that I would share a bit of good news with you.

My DH has been on antidepressants for 3 nights now and he is so much better! And the freelancing work really picked up in the past 3 days.

I would like to thank God for these two blessings in my life.

I am still praying that my DH find a job but want to take the time to thank Him for helping us in our time of need.

Praise the Lord!
    Pepper
  2. tlayne

tlayne Member

YaHoo! I am praising our mighty Lord for you, and answered prayers!!!!! Love, Tam
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

That good news just made my day. Thank you Lord for answering Peppers prayers. You must be on cloud nine. This is just the beginning of good things for you.
    Cath
  4. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"m so thrill that good things are starting to happen.

when I prayed for you the other day.right after, I started to thank our heavenly Father for a positive change in your life.
    I will continue to give thanks for prayers answered.

God is Good. sixtyslady
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Continued prayers that your husband finds a more secure job and that you feel better.

I feel like I know you , I looked at your photo in your profile, and it helps so much as I pray.

Blessings dear friend.
  6. redhowdy222

redhowdy222 New Member

"He who began a good work in you will see it through until the day of Christ Jesus." I always try to find a scripture to go with the situation, Pepper. I thank the Lord for His changes and encouragement. We will continue to pray, and know that God is faithful. "Those who trust in Him will never be disappointed."
    I read your other post, about getting to Heaven. I have some awesome news for you. Have you ever read Ephesian2:8-10 in your Bible? It says that we can never get to Heaven by our own works, but only by trusting what Jesus did on the cross for us. We just need to believe in Him and trust that what He did on the cross was enough to pay for all of our sins. When I found that out, I was overjoyed and really couldn't believe it was true. It says it other places also. Romans 10:9,10. It's good news, right? There is no way we can ever be good enough to make it to a perfect Heaven. God had to come up with an alternate plan, and that was Jesus' sacrifice. We just need to ask Him to come into our life and forgive us of our sins and to live in our hearts.
    I read your profile, and we are very similar in some aspects. I was an elementary teach, but have now had to take a leave of absence, and am back on the couch. BUT...again God is faithful, and He says if we trust in Him we will never be disappointed. I"m working on that.Be blessed today, Pepper. You will continue to be in my prayers.
    Cyndee
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2006]
  7. pepper

pepper New Member

for your kind words and for your continued prayers. The comfort I get from all of you is heart-warming.

I felt today that God is giving me a glimpse of answers to years of prayers and I want to acknowledge that He has heard.

Please keep praying! The power of prayer is indeed awesome.

Blessings to all of you, my friends on this board. I am so grateful to every one of you who has prayed for us.
    Pepper
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Wow, Pepper, this post made my day!!!!! I have been praying so hard that God would do something to increase your faith. Isn't it amazing that we can all pray for you and we don't even know you but yet we do. We can touch each other online as if we were long lost friends. There is so much power when we pray together. This is just another testimony of God's love to you and your hubby and to all of us. I am so happy for you. I will continue to pray that God will sustain you both in very tangible ways. Thank God for more free lance work. Thank God for the fact that your hubby is feeling better. I hope you are enjoying that movie about now. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  9. dejovu

dejovu New Member

This is truly an answer to prayers and your very own miricle.

Claim it and we all will continue to pray for you and hubby.

I'm praying for miricles in your life and the peace only Jesus can bring.

I am thanking our Lord for what he has done and for what he has planned in your future.

Our God is a God of such love, he only wants the best for us. Many blessings. De
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

Cyndee, I am so pleased to meet another teacher on this board. We must have been posting at the same time yesterday since I missed your post. Thank you for your words. Accepting Jesus as the way to heaven has been mentioned to me once before here. It is a new concept for me! I grew up learning that we get to heaven on our good works. This is something I am going to explore further.

Nancy and De, thank you both once again for your support and prayers. I am feeling encouraged and am happy that you are continuing to pray for us.

My DH and I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" last night. Once I got past my DH's comment in the video store ("You gotta be kidding!") followed by the video store guy's comment ("You're a couple of months early with this one!"), I brought it home and we both really enjoyed it.

It is the perfect movie for someone who is feeling really down. We both related to George Bailey.

The upside of the DVD is the "Behind the Making of It's a Wonderful Life". I always enjoy that stuff and watched it today. Frank Capra explained that this movie told most explicitly what he was trying to say in all his movies - every life has a purpose and the lives of everyone around us would be different if we weren't here.

Thanks for suggesting this, De. It was a really good idea!

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  11. dejovu

dejovu New Member

Just raed your reply to Cindee. It puzzled me.

When I accepted Jesus into my heart he GAVE me salvation.

I could not get to heaven on good works. And if it were possible to, I could never do enough.

John 3:16 says it all for me anyway.

God bless you in all things. De

PS: Please read Morningsonshine last Post, it also is pretty interest.

[This Message was Edited on 10/01/2006]
  12. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Thank you Jesus!
    Well that's the most excitment anyones got out of me in about a month!

Well no, sorry that's not true, because something really exciting happened to me the other day too.

It also was answered prayer too.

I hope, and prayer your husband continues to improve, and feel better.

About salvation, if this is just now a "new concept" for you, well praise the Lord, he just turned a light bulb on for you!
    Don't let this go, explore, read the new testament, find out what the word of God says, not what youv'e been told, or taught by others.

This is a gift, we receive by faith, not works, so no man can boast.
    Good works, flow out of our faith in christ.
    There is scripture about all this, not good at quoting, unless i go and look for all of them.

God Bless, seek and you shall find.
  13. pepper

pepper New Member

Salvation is not a new concept to me - but the path to salvation is. As a RC, I have always believed that getting to heaven was based on belief in God and His Son and living a life imitating Jesus', ie. doing good for others.

I was also taught that people who do not believe in Jesus can get to heaven by living good lives.

A year ago I met a woman who explained this concept of salvation, that is accepting Jesus into my life. We have had many discussions about this since and I am trying to "unlearn" much of what I have believed all my life. It is not an easy process!

I am studying the Bible for the first time in my life and trying to learn about this.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.
    Pepper
  14. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hi, again, I just felt like i should share my thought and the Word with you on this.

I was just today thinking on this very same thing, Because so many times, i see God's truth, and principals, mixed into the worlds, and it can be very confusing.

The world dosen't want to be told that their is only one way, because there are many goodways to choose from.

However, i like to look at this from God's perspective,
    He gave up the most precious thing he had, his only Son.
    Jesus came, He was sent by God, but also willingly, to DIE for us, take our sins, He who was sinless.

Because He Loved us, Wow! That was a hugh sacrifice of love, for us, you, the world. Now why should He let anyone into heaven, under any other conditions after giving up the very best!

He is the door way, any way else is a insult to God's great gift, and sacrifice. He also says, that none of us are righteous with out Christ, no not one.

John14:6
    Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me..."

Acts 4:12
    Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Of course there's always John 1:1 which i love,

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.

Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

The light, and the Word are Jesus.

I'm glad you are studing your bible and learning, may it be a great journey for you, into Christ's arms. Please pray and ask God to guide you and show you His truth as you read.

God Bless you and your home pepper

15. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Oh dear pepper

I am so glad things are starting to look up for you

I have been praying for you

I do know the power of prayer is amazing, isn't it??

I will continue to pray that you will have peace and blessings

God Bless you

hugs

kgangel
  16. pepper

pepper New Member

Morningsonshine, thank you for choosing those Bible verses. I am learning!

LittleBlueStem, I think we will have to get by on my DH's freelancing for awhile. His sister doesn't have long left - she is down to 105 lb (from 170) and is now using a walker. By the time my DH finds a job and gets started, I am pretty sure that the funeral will be over.

Kgangel, thank you for your prayers. Yes, the power of prayer is truly awesome. I hope that you will continue to pray that a miracle happens and my DH finds a full time job.

Thanks to all of you.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper