Dear Kimmie...Mart and Tini get you? (-:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Nov 14, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hi Kim,

Sounds like you had a rotten weekend with pain and depression. And now, a funeral, etc. I'm so sorry! I do hope your pain level is down so this week will be possible. Do try to take care of yourself first!

Hope today is starting out better although I know it is much later there than here. I must get dressed, etc. now so I can go to hand therapy and get some groceries. We're a little low after being gone for a few days.

Hang in there.

Love,
    Sue

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hey Kim?
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi Miss Sue~

Thank you for this post! I didn't see it before, as if you couldn't guess! LOL

The funeral is for an old friend's dad. I think I am her only friend who has had a dad die and needs someone who understands.

We buried my Dad almost 2 1/2 years ago at the age of 69. I told Linda, I don't think most of us are ever ready to give up a parent. No matter the age.

Of course it is almost 4 a.m. here and the funeral is only 6 1/2 hours away. My body picks great nights not to sleep!

How was your hand therapy? Does it feel good or hurt? Maybe a mixture of both? I love hot paraffin wax on my hands.

How are you doing on your meds? Did you change to cymbalta yet? How are you feeling after your trip?

Well, I am going to watch TV and hope the Sandman makes a quick visit before it is time to get up! LOL

It was great hearing from you! I can't wait till the chat room. How great it will to be able to contact each other, other than here!

Love you Susie Q! The Sandman is snickering a hello, too. SOB!!

Kim
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

(sOMEHOW THIS POST GOT MIXED UP...THE MIDDLE IS AT THE END OF THE END. MUST HAVE HAPPENED WHEN I WENT BACK TO YOUR POST. TRY TO MAKE IT OUT...IT WILL LOOK REALLY DISJOINTED...BUT, THEN, IT'S ME, YOU KNOW! DO NOT KNOW WERE THE DEAR KIM WENT...(twilight zone music plays!)Hope you can make it all out. (-:

It is such a drag to sit awake while the rest of the nation is peacefully sleeping away...that is everyone but those of us with FM, etc.

You are probably at the funeral as I write this. I'm sorry you are the one to have had a father die already. Mine is terminally ill, and I'm a about nine years older than you are. He has pulmanary fibrosis...the aveoli in the lungs turn to scar tissue and no longer conduct oxygen to the body. It is a long, slow process and he is not doing too well right now...but we don't really know when it will be over. He seems to have plataued (sp??) right now. Anyway, I do hope the funeral goes as well as can be expected and that it doesn't bring back too many sad memories for you.

Hand thereapy is good, but I don't need it anymore...was discharged. It made a 100% difference in my pain and strength levels. A miracle.

So, let me know how things went...I do hope you got a little sleep. Such a terrible thing not to sleep.

Yes, the chat room must happen! Would love to drop a line or two whenever. You take care, and we'll talk later. Give me a time and I'll try to be there...with bells on and a sprig of holly in my hair!

Love,
    Sue

I am actually feeling a whole bunch better. You know how it is when you feel good? You hold your breath waiting for it to collaspe? Well, that's where I am now. I have found a good combanation of meds to help me sleep, and my head seems so much clearer and my body so much more energized. Like I said, I'm holding my breath.

I am not going to take Cymbalta. Oh, are you still on Serequel? I believe it has been taken off the market now (a post yesterday) because of liver problems and I know it helped cause my hypothyroidism. I thought you took it. Or was it Serzone? I get all these mixed up! (-:

Anyway, I'm going to hang with my Effexor and the meds I'm on now and get through the winter by hook or by crook. Then, I want to get off Effexor in the spring or whenever depending on what happens with my dad. I want to see what my body will do. I don't care if I have to go on another, I just want to be me for a bit. And, Effexor has such a hideous reputation with withdrawal.
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I would have understood your post without you explaining! LOL

I am glad you are doing better and done with your hand massages. I am so envious of those!

Just got back from running some errands. It is rainy and yucky outside. At least I crawled out of my 'hole' so I could interact with the real world! LOL

I have taken both Serazone and Seraquel. They are anti-psychotics which made me even more of an mess! Hard to believe, huh? LOL

I've heard the stories regarding Effexor too. I didn't have those problems coming off of them. Thank heaven!

Dinner is calling...somewhere! We can talk later about chatting!

Love,

kimmie