dear mikie and others;help please!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by km, Jan 15, 2006.

1. km

km New Member

please tell me what i can order to rid my body of toxins and possiable other infections;including viruses;yeast;and the score of other things lurking in the fibro client.
    at present i take:ZMA 2 a day,olive leaf extract 150 mg./day,i multi vit/min with no iron for people 50+,1000mg. time releace vit c.also take the following rx's
    effexor,wellbutrian,klonipin.4 pain i also take advils and tylenol.i also take cenestin and prilocec.
    please may i have some sussestions/answers!!!tyvm,km
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You need to go very slowly with detoxing and with anti-virals. It is helpful to get tested so you know what you are fighting. Not everyone has all the things you listed.

I would suggest reading some of the old posts on these things e.g. both Mikie and Stormyskye have spent time writing some excellent posts on these topics.

Try one thing at a time so you know what is working.

Good Luck
    Kathy.

3. km

km New Member

ty both 4 the help;and ansewering some of my questions.
    i did not know about the absorbic acid thing;tyvm 4 the info.
    please keep sending suggestions/options...
    tyvm,km
    GOD BLESS ALL.
  4. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

I am in the same position as you. I have my Candida under control but took supplements too soon and the die off symptoms nearly killed me.

Let you body get used first to the adjustment and then take Brobiotics. I was taking raw garlic, LGlutamine .
    Just take the garlic one day and maybe take the other supplement the next day. On the day I take the garlic I dont take any other supplement.

I have my Candida under control. I am only taking natural supplements now and never felt better.

The best of luck and hang in there. I went to see an allergist who told me what my body was lacking in..

Read my post on same.

Mary
  5. km

km New Member

wow,so much good news ty ty ty.
    its so nice when there are folks
    in the same boat helping one another!!
    GOD BLESS ALL!! ty,km
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been away for a few days down in Key West for my daughter's birthday.

I have not really done anything to detox. I figured that getting rid of the mycoplasmas and getting the Herpes Viruses calmed down would help me enough to start to feel better. Others here can help more with detoxing than I can.

We can carry chronic infections of all kinds and it it helpful to know what one is dealing with. That is why the FFC's run so many tests. I took Doxycycline for the mycoplasmas and Famvir for the Herpes Viruses. I transitioned to Transfer Factors sold here. I believe they are excellent and possibly more effective in the long term than antivirals. They train the body to recognize and kill pathogens.

The undenatured whey sold here (I take ImmunPlex) is excellent as is the colostrum. I also take probiotics as I believe a healthy gut goes a long way toward healing.

Sorry I can't help with the detoxing.

Love, Mikie
  7. matthewson

matthewson New Member

if you are taking both advils and tylenol. Maybe you could ask your Dr. about taking Ultram (generic is tramadol). This med has been the best thing for me for relief of pain! I take it along with neurontin and it takes away most of my pain. If I get more than normal, I add a 1/2 of a vicoden to it.

You do have to be carefull with tramadol in that it acts similar to an anti-depressant, so to avoid serotonin sydrome, the Dr. would most likely have to decrease your anti-depressants. I also think that two anti-d's are too many.

Also, you might want to add more magnesium. The ZMA gives you some, but you might need some more. This also helps with muscle pain. BUT, run this by your Dr. first!

If you just have FMS, like I do, you may not have latent viruses that are causing problems for you. My FMS developed after a hysterectomy, so I figure it was a trauma trigger. I don't have any symptoms of fatigue beyond the normal for a fairly inactive person. Though the supplements you are taking probably would not hurt, they may not be necessary if you have no viral symptoms.

My main goal with meds and supplements was to get down to the absolute minimum of pills. I weeded them out and came up with the ones I thought helped me the most. But, everyone is different so what works for one may not work for another.

You have gotten some good advice from members. Now you will need to sift through it and see what would work for you.

Take care, Sally
  8. km

km New Member

hi all,ty so much 4 the replys;they are much appreciated!!
    my pain mgt. doc knows about the advil and tylenol that i take together and she said it was ok,but i will ask again,especially if it could harm my kidneys.
    there is a reason i take the two antideppressants;and for that reason i must take them... but ty for caring!!!!!
    i sure enjoy hearing the suggestions and i learn a great deal also.
    ty ty to all!!
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS;NOW AND FOREVER,AMEN.
    THANK-YOU ALL,km.