Dear Mikie - Did your herx go away ? :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, May 22, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

Was wondering if the bad reaction to your last peptide has gone away and if it was indeed a herx :).

Love,
    Deepak
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for asking. It appears it has but with Herxing, it can come in waves as pathogens keep trying to reactivate. In a week, when I get shot no. 7, I may Herx again as it boosts my immune system.

Hope you are doing well.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Deepak, I appear to be Herxing again. This is very much like when I took the Transfer Factors and when I did the Heparin injections. Many of us have chronic stealth infections which can reactivate and when they do, treatments, or our own immune systems, may go on a killing spree and Herxing will ensue.

I don't think my doc believes in this Herxing but I've been through it so long that I know a Herx when I have one.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I once had an e-coli infection from hamburger. My doc said I might have problems down the road even though it appears there was no permanent organ damage. I am swollen around the middle like the Michelin Man and have pain in the pancreas and liver areas. Seems when we are down, old chronic infections can rear their ugly heads. Yes, I am definitely Herxing. AACK!

Love, Mikie
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I know the difference between the two, but I think herxing and detoxing have some things in common - I think they share the detoxification pathways to get pathogens and toxins out of our bodies, so if there is a problem with the detox pathways, then both herxing and detoxing will be much rougher as the pathogens or toxins will keep recirculating instead of being properly eliminated.

People with CFS are notorious for high levels of toxins and also for having a lot of difficulty detoxing. I think their detox pathways or system is not working as it should and wonder if you have the same difficulty, which causes so much herxing. I know you have a lot of latent infections, but not everyone who has infections herxes a lot. I believe that most healthy people are able to rid themselves of infections without a lot of herxing.

So I was wondering since I believe the same detox pathways are involved, if perhaps some of the same things that help with detoxing would help with herxing (e.g., taking activated charcoal, herbs like milk thistle to support the liver and so on) Molybdenum can also help. Actually, there's a lot of stuff that can help, this is just a little bit.

Also I'm wondering about the relationship of all this to methylation as I believe impaired methylation causes problems with detox (and thus herxing) pathways. I know Rich would have more info on this.

And this may all be off the mark, but thought it might be of interest to you -

Best wishes,

Mary
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I do take the methylation supps. I also have the charcoal on hand. My Herxing has always been consistent with taking ABX, AV's, Heparin and TF's. I really think the Herxing going on now is a result of the injections' awakening my immune system. I really believe it's on a mop-up operation. It's also possible it is allowing my body to eliminate toxins. In any case, I am hoping to get through this virus so I can get my next shot.

Love, Mikie
  7. deepak

deepak Member

What is the charcoal for ?

Love,
    Deepak
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Activated charcoal helps the body detox, thus helping out the liver and kidneys. If I'm going to be drinking, I take two capsules and wake without feeling hung over.

Love, Mikie