Debunking the Weather Myth

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Nov 9, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

Hi all,

Been awhile since I've been on the board. I'm currently in Tucson, Arizona; I was awarded a 10 day residency at a writer's retreat in the arts district. I was anxious to see how I felt in the lower humidity environment (I currently live in FL where I'm always bemoaning the humidity). Anyway, I'm in the middle of a terrible pain flare, achy, stiff, off balance, and the weather is gorgeous! I know one size doesn't fit all with these illnesses, but for those fibromites who have dreamed of fleeing to dry climates for some relief, take a trip first or risk being disappointed! Weather extremes can certainly influence our feelings of health but the realtionship is much more complicated than it might seem.

xo,
    Eddie
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

After Eddy VanHalen (spelled different on purpose as to not worship him.)

Hello Eddie,
    When ever I talk about it, it is just to say, I would rather be warm sufferring than cold suffering. As I found out this summer. It was a beautiful summer for once around here.

What ****** me off is when you go through so much bad weather and I hear someone complain about some really hot days. not trying to change the subject.
    I hear the newsman say "Don't go outside if you don't have to." Meanwhile he's got a yard crew at his house right now, and they're bustin their butts off in the blazing sun just to get to the next job.

Dan

Ps. good idea to take the trip if you can first.yes.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... two doctors have told me that, yes, people really can be allergic to weather changes! Amazing.

Sorry you're not doing better.

Marta
  4. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I have a problem sometimes telling which is acting up - OA or FM, my two pals that are always with me. I know the drier climate is best for OA. I live in Alberta, Canada, and it is quite a dry climate we have here. The winters are COLD and dry. However, when there is humidity around, that is the killer for me. I do best when it is 30 below zero and clear. Not much pain then.
  5. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

But did you have to travel a long distance (fly/drive) to get there? Maybe it's not the weather factor so much as the travel. Or stress of adjusting to the new place/people/activity level etc. There are so many variables to factor in... :-(

Best wishes,
    Janelle