Dec. 1st doctor update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Luxuria, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hello all

Just came back from seeing my dr. She feels that all things considered, I am doing well. She thinks that the pain I have been having in my lower abdominals & back (most of my pain goes there and down to my legs) is the area that my Fibro decided to settle in most and she is sure that IBS is causing some of the discomfort too. My body has decided to really change what it can and cannot not eat now.

She is allowing me to increase to 30mg of Amitriptyline nightly since I suffer no side effects and we are going to meet again in a month or two.

Bekah
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Jordan Rubin's book "Patient Heal Thyself" ? He nearly died from digestive troubles but cured himself with soil enzymes! Anyway, I thought you might be interested in it. Glad you had a good doctor appointment.....
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

Sorry you are having such a rough time but glad you have a good physician.

Do you have IBS/C that is what I have very hard on the lower back. I try to drink lots of water and because of thyroid disease I have to take a stool softener every day but it helps some. I wish you the best of luck with that.

I read your Bio and it is so funny we like some of the same bands and artists but I enjoyed them when they first came out in the 70s...LOL

You and my younger sister share the same birthday 12/21 although you were born the year she graduated high school -- that is so neat :)

Well now that I have made myself feel very old I will shut up...LOL

I hope you feel better soon,

Karen :)

'79 ;)
  4. Luxuria

Luxuria New Member

Hello :)

Thank you for your kind replies & well wishes :)
    Thanks alaska for your book recomendation. I will look into that :)

Nice to meet you Karen! I always love meeting new people with similar interests. I just LOVE the old 70's and 80's bands. Very cool that I share the same birthday as your sister. I have a cousin born on the same day as well, 8 HOURS before me!

The IBS seems to be ok, it is still a bit of a guessing game as far as what will upset me and what wont. Been having some, shall we say, "lady problems" as well. Just some mild pain in that area. My dr. told me that there are trigger points there so she thinks it is very possible that the pain is from that. FUN. So we are going to see how the increase in my medication helps. If not, she will do an exam. I just hate those exams but my doctor is so kind and so easy to talk to. I just keep telling myself "you gotta do what you gotta do" Haha

thanks for checking in with me :)

Bekah