Decided to quit my job...............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dolsgirl, Mar 10, 2003.

1. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I made the decision at the end of today's workday & I thankfully have my husbands wholehearted support. We really need this job. I simply cannot do the workload that's expected. I work with someone who is nice but doesn't carry her share of the work. I've already written my two week notice although I'm not going to work tomorrow. I need to clear my head. I need a mental health day!

I wrote up my resignation tonight, but I have to buy a cartridge for my printer in order to have a professional letter to give my boss.

It is such a relief to know that this will be over. It has been physical, tortuous for my body and mind. I literally get short of breath while working because I'm running around so much. That's just plain too much. I don't know what I'll end out doing, but, this isn't the job for me & I must move on.

It still bothers me about that the job I had left that I loved. They put off my health insurance an extra month. If I hadn't left there I would have had a hair across my A** if I didn't stand up for myself. And if I was wrong, why did they come out with a new policy manual the day after all of that happened explaining the additional days prior to when health insurance would go into effect? Such a sad waste.

Thanks for all of your support through-out this ordeal. dolsgirl
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Although I know it was a hard decision to make. I hated leaving my job as a CNA because I love helping others so much, but it was to much for me. I am glad that your husband is like mine and gives you the support you need to make it through this. I was lucky to have a good one that wanted me to quit because he seen how bad I was hurting myself. I still have days where I feel guilty because I am not helping with bills and stuff and I am still waiting to hear from SSA. It would be impossible for me to work now unless I could find a job where I could work 1 day and be off 3 to recoop. Best wishes

hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. popgun

popgun New Member

Aint this crud a catch 22,I have been where you are its not easy and it would not be a total loss if it would only take your job but it just keeps eating. Its like a non-fatal cancer it just has a mind of its own good luck kid.
  4. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

it was really hard to quit, because we truly do need my income. I'll be looking around for something I can physically handle. Soft hugs. dolsgirl