Decision to have a Baby....

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Mar 3, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Ok, my friend's grandgirl and her husband decided to have a baby in spite of her husband's Type 1 diabetes and Celiac Disease....it took a lot of consideration on their part to attempt to bring a baby into the world who would be strapped with diabetes and celiac....genetics......

So they did a lot of research and found a peditrician and nutritionist to help them in hopes that the baby will escape these diseases.

This baby now 3 months old boy will be fed ONLY mother's milk for the 1st, no solid foods....the ped would like to see 2 yrs of mother's milk only, but the baby will be evalated at 1 yr to try to determine how he's doing....

I met the little guy yesterday and he is a bouncing happy little boy who is cutting teeth already...

I applaud what the parents are doing to hopefully keep their child from the father's health issues.

My friend told me yesterday that the father tested himself with a piece of gluten pizza and boy was he sorry....now he knows...

Thinking back to when I worked at a job, one of the women was preg with her 2nd child, 2nd husband...I think she was late 30's or so...well there she was smoking while carrying that baby. I could not believe my eyes when she would go out for a break...then I heard later that her son has asthma....

Back in the old days, there was no awareness of what mothers put in their bodies would affect their babies...there is NOW, for the women who are aware. I should say SOME are aware....
    <br><br>[<i>[This Message was Edited on 03/04/2013]