Deep, Deep Ache

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Feb 3, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Anyone else get a deep, deep ache in the bones all over the body (especially after a flare). I do not know what medication to take for it. It is not pain. Clues?
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I get this, too, Nyro ..... I just add some ibuprofen (600 mg) to my pain med to help. Also take a hot shower, and use my heating pad for the rest of the evening.

All of these aches and pains are just the pits, aren't they!

Much love,
    Janet

Hope you get to feeling better.
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

a large part of my aches and pains are very deep, not right below the skin. It feels either like the very deep muscle tissue or my bones. It is probably the worst of the pain feeling I get, not sharp but dull ache, constant and can't touch it with any meds.

In yours you said its not pain though, can you explain the sensation? For me though aches and pains are different, they both hurt, just differently.

Sorry don't have any suggestions for relief. I usually have my hubby massage me, sometimes use Bengay, and then my normal pain meds.

Hope you find relief soon.
  4. Pinecones

Pinecones New Member

I've had a deep ache in my bones-mostly in my legs. It seemed worst when lying down. Just last night I tried a new med (for me) Amitriptyline and for the first time in I can't remember I had no pain and slept.
  5. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

6. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

8. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

9. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

10. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

Yes, I get it too. There isn't much you can do about it. I have my hubby massage if he is in the mood.

PIRT
  11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Alka Seltzer helped me with that type of aching, if I take it soon enough. It is probably the aspirin.
  12. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I try to describe the feeling as the bone marrow in my legs and arms is replaced with concrete. My dr. only gives me tramadol and it doesnt really help but i guess takes the edge off.

I try to lie down and elevate my legs if I can

Best to you Linds
  13. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yes I get this too. I wait for the burning to kick in and that handles it. After the deep burning kicks in I go numb. If I try to take a med it upsets my stomach so I don't.

But I don't move to well while this is going on. If a part of my body freezes up behind this (like my neck) I use my tens unit on that spot. I wish I could place my tens unit on my head and have it work through my whole body that would be so cool.lol Well I can dream.
    Dee50
    [This Message was Edited on 02/04/2006]