Deep Depression and fear of facing the world

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pickleworks1, Mar 5, 2007.

1. pickleworks1

pickleworks1 New Member

I fight every day to get out of my bed to the door to face the outside, or do the things I know I should do, I hate my self for feeling this way. I am very forgetful !! I am not able to think straight. I feel short with most people.
    I am swelling in my joints if I do not take my water pills.I have had this FM since 1986. The older I get the worse it gets. I think it has aged me more than life, I am 57 but I feel 75. I wonder if my depression will ever lift?
    I have been through most of the pills. I want to do only natural foods. any suggestions? I do pray.
  2. jole

jole Member

Hi there! I understand what depression feels like, as I have just been through a terrible time with it. Didn't get out of bed for days, couldn't face people, etc. Well, I had been seeing a psychiatrist for my depression and was diagnosed with bipolar.

If you are that depressed, please get help. There is nothing wrong with admitting you can't solve your problem, and perhaps you can feel better soon with the right help. It is a terrible life, and terrible feeling to be so depressed. There is no shame attached to something you can't help. It is a sickness just like the FM, and needs to be addressed.

Best wishes- Jole
  3. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I t is something you can't pull your self out of you do need to get help. I was having terrible panic attacks and deep depression.

I couldn't think my way out of it or push myself out of it I had to get help. Sometimes just talking to a theropist can help but their may be a chimical imbalance that needs addressed also.

keep praying but also seek professional help you will feel better. praying for you also. as the last post said it is like FM no shame people get this way off and on all the time.
    Brenda
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Pickleworks,
    I so feel for you! I'm 69 and I've had this since 1970. Since both of us have been enduring this for a long time Please let me share what helped me:

Acupuncture has really helped my brain fog. If you can't do that, I also find that berries, especially blueberries, also help. I cook the frozen ones with a little basalmic vinegar and sweetening agent of some kind, and put them over sugar free, live culture frozen yogurt, or I just eeat them plain, or make a little cobbler.

Another thing that has helped me, is meditating, and finding a spiritual group that is sustainng and non-judgmental. I also have been working very hard to change my attitude towards my illnesses.

I am trying to learn to not look at them as something bad or frustrating, (although I still get very frustrated at times), but as an opportunity to offer up my suffereings for others who need grace. I spend a lot of tme offering them up for peace.

I really believe that we can help eachother, and am trying to see my illnesses as an opportunity. I'm not saying I always succeed, but I do find that my anger and frustration are lessening, the sad place in my heart is going away, and I'm happier.

I still work at getting better - really hard.

Bless you,
    Here's a big hug!!
    Terry

5. Ranigar

Ranigar Member

I hope it helps to know your not alone.I've gotten help over the yrs.when I've gotten overwhelmed with depression and it's helped even without antidepressants.Right now I feel it isn't necessary.I drag myself out of bed at the same time 7:30am every day whether I want to or not and get a shower.I have a simple routine I stick to.It helps to keep you stable.If I can't get out of bed and I cry all day it's time to get help.If this sounds like you get some help it's a isolating illness we have and you have to take good care of yourself.
  6. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I totally get you ... I am 53 and my 80 year old very robust & healthy Dad is not understanding my pain/illness. His 94 year old sister still hangs out her laundry ... I didn't get those genes unfortunately. Of the 11 kids in Dad's family, only 3 had serious health problems. One of those 3, one was twisted and crippled with Rheumatoid arthritis. The other 2 had cancer. All of the rest lived well into their late 80s or into their 90s.

My older sister says I have "acted old" for a long time. IT'S NO ACT SIS!!!

I am not able to think straight either. I cannot read or focus. I am in a fog daily anymore. I lose my balance. I hurt constantly (even with meds). It sucks. I take anti-depressants and other meds and still have my low days.

((((((((((((( hang in there ))))))))))))
  7. clerty

clerty New Member

no one understands unless they have it I am going through the same problem also i am very depressed at the moment
    I HAD to get help last week I was taking terrible panic attacks every day for hours on end I am no on meds and am going to get the support I need,I really think you should to one of my problems is WHY ME I am sitting here in Singapore looking over a lovely pool the weather is lovely
    I have my nightdress on the place is dirty and I cant get off my backside to make dinner,I dont have the energy to move.