Definitely worse after surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Oct 7, 2002.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I was doing ok with my Fibro up until I had my wisdom teeth surgery last month. I realize it was going to be a longer than normal healing process. It has been over a month now, and I am STILL in a flare. I started my pain flare two days before surgery.
    I see my Rheumie tomorrow. I am hoping she can give me something for the pain.
    I mean, really, how long can a person be in pain every single day without going completely bonkers???
    ~Gina

p.s. Dale Jr. is awesome!!
  2. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I was doing ok with my Fibro up until I had my wisdom teeth surgery last month. I realize it was going to be a longer than normal healing process. It has been over a month now, and I am STILL in a flare. I started my pain flare two days before surgery.
    I see my Rheumie tomorrow. I am hoping she can give me something for the pain.
    I mean, really, how long can a person be in pain every single day without going completely bonkers???
    ~Gina

p.s. Dale Jr. is awesome!!
  3. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I had surgery two weeks ago tomorrow... I keep growing vocal cord nodules right now and they keep removing them! I've been feeling horrible since... No energy and ulcers in my mouth and fevers and sweats and right shoulder pain. My voice did not come back right this time either... it feels swollen down in there... so I understand and really think this is "normal" for fibro pts... at any rate, I hope its over soon for you too! Good luck!
  4. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

i am now bonkers! LOL

I am recovering from knee surgery and am in flare. I have has several surgeries in the past few years and it has kept me in a constant flare it seems.

give yourself time to heal-it just takes us a little longer than the "normal humans" what ever that means. Listen to your body and rest until you are feeling better. I speak from the wisdom of not listening to my own advice and am recovering from all my surgeries a little at a time right now, because I put my job and money etc in front of my body for years.

be kind to yourself, relax, take baths or what ever helps you to relax-that is the best medicine for us. Let yourself heal-you will get to the other side, you will see

god bless

cathy
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I am too...Glad to meet ya.
    Carla