Deja Vu All Over Again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Soldiers in the war in Iraq are coming down with a mysterious pneumonia-type illness and several have died. I hope this time, the govt. doesn't give them the same brushoff which it gave the Gulf War Vets.

I hope they look into the vaccines which the soldiers received prior to being deployed.

An expert was interviewed on one of the news shows and he said that being around an area where munitions have exploded can make people very ill and may have contributed to the Gulf War Illness. He was trying to alert the military to this risk but the military wasn't much interested.

Perhaps the combo of having one's immune system assaulted by vaccines, followed by environmentally hazzardous materials, is at fault.

I'm just throwing out some possibilities here, but I hope this time, our govt. takes this seriously and gets to the bottom of it. Our vets and their families deserve better than this. Last time, the vets came home and many of their family members, and even their pets, got sick with the same illness later described as Gulf War Illness. Dr. Garth Nicolson has identified strains of mycoplasma which is highly prevalent in vets with GWI as well as in people with CFIDS and FMS.

I have no doubt that genetics play a vital role in our illnesses, but mine were triggered by a mycoplasma infection on Dec. 24, 1990. I was living next door to a military facility where soldiers were being given their vaccines. I probably got sick from contact with a soldier, who was sick with an active mycoplasma infection, in the Christmas shopping crowds. I was given antibiotics for a couple of weeks and the flu-type symptoms did go away, but it left me crippled for months. After that, things started to go down hill.

The military needs to get its act together on these illnesses, but I believe there has been a massive coverup of contaminated vaccines. Dr. Nicolson has said that some of the strains of mycoplasmas do not occur in nature and have been bioengineered to make them more virulent. A doc with close ties to the Dept. of Defense holds patents on several strains of mycoplasmas. There are a lot of questions which need to be answered, but the bottom line is that our govt. needs to acknowledge the problems and treat our vets and their families, including disability.

They also need to release a lot of money for research into treatments and a cure for immune-related illnesses.

Love, Mikie
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

This is disgraceful. They know what happened last time, yet are they still using the same vaccines, and giving multiple vaccines on the same day? These people risk their lives to preserve our freedom and they deserve better than this.
    Is there any one we should write to who can do something about this problem, Mikie?
    Klutzo
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It not that they are not aware of the problem; it's that there is a massive coverup. We want to ask our young people to make sacrifices for their country, but when it comes time to spend money to help them when they are injured in the service our our country, suddenly our govt. turns its back on them. I suppose writing to one's representatives and senators might help, couldn't hurt.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't remember. It was probably a guest on one of the cable news channels during the war.

If you read about Dr. Nicolson and how he found out about the mycoplasma connection, if you dig deep enough, you will see how there was a real conspiracy to discredit him, and the coverup went to the absolute top and involved a lot of people who are still in positions in the govt. It reads like a novel. I would not have believed it had I not seen a copy of one of the patents.

I am hoping that the vast war coverage this time around will expose whatever is making our vets sick. The VA has finally admitted that Gulf War Vets are getting ALS at a much higher rate than the general population. This was a huge step for them to take. ALS is one of the illnesses which researchers are investigating as possibly being related to ours and GWI.

Love, Mikie
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I don't remember if I read that in a post here, or saw it on TV. If that's the case, I'm sure he won't have any interest in seeing justice done.
  6. AnnG

AnnG New Member

...had a story on POW's held in Iraq. One young POW tried to be honest about the treatment they received from the Iraqis and the others jumped all over him saying,"No, don't go there!" Just goes to show you how very many cover-ups there are!
  7. sandy10seven

sandy10seven New Member

We have the best form of government on this earth. It's too bad we have so many self-serving people within. One person alone cannot stand up to them.

Unfortunately, we did not speak for the Vietnam vets until much too late, and then not enough. A little better with the Gulf War vets, but again not enough. I had not heard about the soldiers in Iraq being ill. May we not let them be sick and forgotten also. [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2003]