Deleting your own thread !

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback, Questions & Suggestions' started by Granniluvsu, May 18, 2013.

1. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Moderators - Is there a way for the original poster to delete a thread that is no longer needed? I tried to and it just deleted one post on that thread (the last one) . I know on the old site you were able to delete the thread that was started by you, I believe. I only see delete signs occasionally on some posts I have made, it might be the last post to that thread not sure.

Thank you so much for you help in advance.

Blessings,]
    Granni
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Granniluvsu,
    We are all learning the new format, including me, so I will send a message to Admin to check on that.
    Thanks for your patience, as we learn and make any needed adjustments.
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thanks Nanie !!!

Huugz,
    Granni
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi Granniluvsu,

Admin is looking into whether a member can delete their own thread and they ask that you report the message so that they know which post to delete.

Thank you!
  5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Nanie46,

Weren't we able to delete our own thread that we started on the OLD website??? It surprised me that it didn't ALL delete when I tried to delete it the other day. Didn't think you would want that one hanging around. Nothing really wrong with the thread but I was trying to get in touch with an OLD PORCH PAL who hasn't been hanging around very much. Hoped I could entice her to come back here on PH after awhile. It was entitled - Deleting your own thread and starting with HI Georgia !

Thank you for your efforts and for trying to get things settled on our new site.

Blessings,
    Granni
  6. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

Members can delete their own posts, but not threads. There may be valuable information/replies within a thread, and we would hate to lose that information.

If you have a thread you want deleted, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and a moderator will take a look.
  7. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Thank you !!
    Granni
  8. tooks

tooks Member

Isn't it possible to delete your thread (if no one has replied) by deleting your initial post?
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Well, dummy me did it again. I put the wrong volume # again but did make another post right after telling people not to post on it. We'll see. I tis the 2ne 631 with only my post on it starting the thread. When I realized my mistake I made another one with the right number.

I still don't understand in cases like this where we can't just delete. It worked really well on the old boards.

Hugz,
    Granni