Delicate question,Has anyone ever had a boil on their ??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sienna, Mar 22, 2006.

1. sienna

sienna Member

Hi there my lovely friends,

My computer has been acting up lately, and I have not been online so much ... I really miss you guys. I do want to ask a question.....

Has anyone ever gotten a boil in a strange area, like your rear end???? smile. Please tell me what you did for it.

Thank you so much in advance for your replies.

Sienna
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Hot compresses. Or soak in hot water as long as yo can...And as hot as you can stand it.

Sue
    PS I used a round dish pan for the soaks.....A new one.
  3. ckzim

ckzim New Member

But I just got rid of mine, it was on my chest area...right above collar bone..
    I used a very old hand me down remedy..

get a glass long neck bottle...heat it in a pan with water, till it's really hot ,the water will be boiling...

put the open end of the bottle over the boil..(.Be very careful)!!!!...it might have to cool alittle bit so you can put it to the skin without burning yourself. get a towel to hold on to the bottle with ...it's got to be very hot.

It will create a suction, vacuam type thing on the boil....with the heat it has in it...leave it on there till it's cool.
    The boil breaks open into the bottle...it's gross! So be prepared!
    Do NOT TOUCH THE BOIL AFTER WARD...if you have some neurosporin...put that on it with a band aid.
    This is the only thing that worked for me...short of going to the doctor
    Just please be careful putting that hot glass bottle to your skin...it will burn you. Wait till it's alittle cooler to the touch...so you can stand it. Don't be on your pain meds when you do this...lol..
    Hope it works for you..

4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

It was awful. I ended up having to get it lanced by the doctor. :)
  5. sienna

sienna Member

I am so happy to hear from you all. Thank you so much.

Dear tngirl, that is exactly where my boil is on my tailbone, just where i need to sit....ouch. If you do not mind...tngirl.... can you tell me about your boil. Like did yours hurt and did it get big and how long did it last. Be waiting to hear from you ...tngirl.

Thanks to all for your sweet replies and advice
    love
    sienna
  6. lolee

lolee New Member

and the suckers can spread too!!!

I get them right where I sut too, that small area, not quite your butt, but not quite the coochy-coo either! LOL!!!

I've been pretty good at keeping them under control though, I used to get this one in my groin about 2-3 inches long and hard as rock!

I went on long and found a message board totally dedicated boils!! talk about gross, but needed . . .right1?

ANYWAY, I did what they told me to do. I was the area everyday, I use the soft moist baby wipes, like Huggies, not the super thin ones, put a hot water on them so they are not so cold. After washing, I wipe the area done with rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad.

When I do break out, when it gets sore you have two options, pop it or get it lanced by the doctor. period.

I pop it. and I have to pop it everyday for like three days. washing it several times a day, using alcohol on it several times day too. washing my hands VERY VERY good afterward of course.

during this time I also the neo sporin.

I know this is such a gross topic, but hey, a lot of people get these or there would be SO MANY cures running around, right!!??

I love that coke bottle idea, and to be totally honest, yes it is gross, especially when I'm discussing it with someone, but it fascinates me the way our body will get rid of these impurities, infections, etc. cause that's what it's doing.

I've read on the internet that "they" say a boil is an inflamed, or clogged hair follical . . . .I'm sorry but I keep my but pretty damn clean, and I don't think that one teensy tiny hair follicle, ESPECIALLY where I get them is capable of getting to be the size of a small walnut!

Lolee
  7. tngirl

tngirl New Member

It felt the size of a baseball :) but I'm sure it wasn't that big. I couldn't really see it well enough to determine the size, and I sure couldn't "Pop" it myself.

You just lay on your stomach and the doctor lances it, Pus runs out (yuk)and they put a dressing on it.

My sister (a nurse) says it is from virus, some people are prone to them just like some people a prone to get fever blisters. She gets both, there is medication, can't remember what it was, that prevents the out breaks.
  8. sienna

sienna Member

Ilove ya..tngirl, lolee, ckzim, and suzetal.....

Seems like when you think you are doing a little better, something else pops up..I thought this boil was a little alien...the way it just popped up......smile.

I will try all your wonderful remedies. I will let you know how it comes out...te hee.

take care
    sienna
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they can dx and give you antibiotic....lance if need be...

jodie
  10. tandy

tandy New Member

I had one last yr or the yr before. ??

And NEVER want to go thru that again!!

I did get mine drained by a Gyno. and then I was put on antibiotics.
    The best thing for me was taking really warm/hot baths.
    I sware I took 5 a day! It softens it so it can drain itself. That was truely one of thee most horrible,painful and embarrasing things.
    mine was a slightly different location, but we won't go there. (close enough)
    :) LOL

I also put peroxide on it.
    uuugghh
    feel better,
    Tandy
  11. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

That's the taint. You know, taint one, taint the other!

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  12. futurehope

futurehope New Member

Yes, I have had one THERE!!! My X-husband tried and tried to get rid of it but couldn't.

Had to end up going to the Doctor and get it lanced, it was pretty big.

Love and prayers,
    Brenda