Delta Wave Sleep CD's?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly83, Jul 15, 2006.

1. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Does anyone use the Delta Wave sleep cds?

I've been trying to focus on one thing at a time with my Fibro, and right now its improving my sleep quality. I've been reading the Teitelbaum book 'Fatigued to Fantastic' and one of the things he mentions is using Delta Wave sleep cds to improve sleep quality. Are they worth it?

I already have one of those sound machines, and i use my iPod a lot during the night because i like having backround noise when i sleep. So i figured these wouldn't be a huge jump for me.

Any input would be appreciated :)
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Haven't got any Delta Waves. I'd be interested in checking them out myself. I do have several others I like though. Got one that's thunderstorms. Inner Peace and another Sleep Soundly by Steven Halpern. Sounds and Songs of the Humpback Whales. 2 that are crystal bowls, and a few others. They do help me. Not completely reliable (sometimes nothing works). I like mixing them up. Helps to not listen to the same one every night.

If any try any of the delta waves, I'd be interested in hearing how you like them.
    Barb
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

I have a couple of different ones. I do think that they help. I don't listen to mine all the time, since I'm not the only person in the bedroom, but I do like to put them on when I take a nap.
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

As I lay in bed for sleepless hours last night, I thought.......I need to get a Delta Wave CD.

Where are you getting them, and which ones do you like?

Thanks & LIGHT*************carole
  5. caroleye

caroleye New Member

There's a "brain institute" in New York that treats Fibro patients, and found a delta wave CD there. It's called "Deep Sleep". There are two, but I liked this one the best. You can tell by the picture on the front.........has a "bear" on it.

My therapist said some of her patients are flying from here (Calif) to this institute due to its great reputation.

LIGHT***********carole
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

After listening to the Delta Wave CD but I don't do it as often as I should.

Love, Mikie
  7. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Do you leave yours on all night? That's my plan, and coupled with my neuro, hopefully will be a nice addition.

I know 5HTP has helped some for my serotonin. Gotta try everything!!

LIGHT***********carole
  8. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Just wanted to agree with what nink said!! Anyone who uses them, and recommends their particular one, can you please post which one you have - retailer, product name, etc. - because i've been having such a hard time finding ones that seem legit, and don't have a bunch of claims about changing your life. I just want to try something that will improve my sleep, and i want to make sure i'm not going to be wasting money on something.

Thanks!!
  9. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I'm happy to share my info after I get it. Haven't tried it yet; just ordered yesterday.

LIGHT************carole
  10. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Thanks caroleye! I'd really appreciate hearing someone's first hand experience with a certain cd.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've posted the name of them a number of times. A search might turn it up. I'm cleaning out closets and drawers and can't get at them.

I do not leave them on all night. I listen to them before bed. I don't think we sleep well with TV or audio on at night, but I guess we are all different.

Love, Mikie

BTW, I got my set at Barnes & Noble. Y'all could check them out as they probably have more than one set.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/18/2006]
  12. caroleye

caroleye New Member

If you google the Monroe Brain Institute, there are alot of choices. When I pulled up Tools for Wellness, they let you hear "samples" of the sounds. For me this is essential, as I wake up so easily, and am not comfortable with high sounds or varying sounds (plus music) for sleep.

That's where I found mine. I liked it because it was a very low, non-varying sound that just felt the best. I gave the wrong name up top, but it's called "Super Sleep".

Can't speak yet how it's going to work.

LIGHT**************carole
  13. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I just started "waking up", and my Delta CD arrived, so I thought I'd like to hear it.

Love the sound; very soothing. But I had to switch it off very quickly, as my eyes starting "drooping". I know I'm way sensitive, but this is a good sign.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....................carole
  14. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

The ones Mikie suggested some time ago are in a 4 CD set called Brainwave Journey. I ordered them at the time. They use different types of brain waves. Alpha, Delta and Theta waves.

I have one from the Monroe Institute called Pain. It is very relaxing and often puts me to sleep. I am interested to know that I can order others directly from there.

Kathy.
  15. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Monroe Institute.
  16. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have been searching for soothing CD's. I ended up buying a few by Steve Halpren with by favorite being Charka Suite and got it at Amazon, a set of natural sounds, and a few more that I can not think of at the moment.

I am glad to see this post. I want to buy more. The music helps me to relax and it has been proven to help with pain.
  17. lostmisty

lostmisty New Member

I've gone to the site and don't see any cd's for sale, perhaps I'm missing a link? Though they do sell some, ummm, interesting things.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  18. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I do think my new CD works "while" I'm sleeping, but now that I'm back to the midnight - 3AM waking period, it doesn't do a thing to help that.

Anyone experience anything similar?

"Lost"...........they have an (800) # you can call as well.

LIGHT*************carole
  19. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

20. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Bumping again! Anyone found a CD that WORKS?