Demerol - how long to work??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen F, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I feel strange things going on in my head and body, but pain still bad. I took 1/2 of the 50 mg tablet more than 10 minutes ago [20 mins?]. I guess I have to take the other 1/2 now.

I thought I had read that Demerol worked fast, but didn't last long. Maybe I am mistaken.

I take Restoril at night for sleep, so I hope the demerol is safe for me to take before bed, too.
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Not the right mix...

I am having [very] mild hallucinations, vison a little strange, difficulty thinking and decision making [more than usual] and most worrisome: my throat feels weird while I swallow food. I just noticed that and so called the pharmacist. I am on an antihistamine, so if i am having an allergic reaction I wondered if the antihistamine would take care of that.

the pharmacist thinks it should, but i will not take any more demerol tonight.

I can just imagine how thrilled the GP will be to see me back in his office tomorrow.

I will have to research, myself, the best pain meds for my case and perhaps he will give me a scrip.

Or maybe I can get into diff doctor tomorrow.

Can someone be allergic to an allergy medication?

What if I am reacting to the atarax??? [apo hydroxyzine] Geesh.