Denied by SSD :( boy this is a trip

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carol66, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Carol66

Carol66 New Member

Well, just as I thought. I am 40 years old dealing with Fibro, panic attacks and depression (the list goes on) and I was turned down and the letter said I could only stand 2 hours a day could tell I was in pain and had FIBRO, mirgraines Panic attacks but I could work sitting down :(. Well if I could I would have stayed at the job I had. I left 18 months ago so now I am going to the next step hire a lawyer. So if you live in Va and have a GREAT SSD lawyer please write me. I am looking and I am praying. I am not going to give up.
  2. hanna4175

hanna4175 New Member

i was denied disability.. they didnt seem to know much about fybromyalgia.. i felt hurt and angry.. for there are so many people out there who dont have a darned thing wrong with them and they get it???? i am going to try again..and i hope you will too.. its frusterating i know.. if these people could just walk a day in our shoes they would know how much we suffer.. take care

hanna
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I just wanted to say that I am so very sorry that you were denied SSDI.

Good luck with your appeal.

HUgs,
    Janet
  4. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

I'm glad to hear you're not going to give up, Carol, that's the important thing. I was turned down twice before I was accepted for disability and the time was very stressful for me. Hang in there, sweetie. It may take a while but there are better days ahead! God bless, Anne Theresa
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

get the attorney and make sure they can go all they to federal appeals...some will not or can not...

disabilitysecrets.com...chekc it out..

jodie
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Don't be discouraged by the denial. It is pretty much

standard procedure almost (if not in fact) pre-program-

in the SSA computer. Up to a year or two, if not more,

seems to be the norm. Many people get discouraged and

stop pursuing their claims. The SSA is counting on this!

Stay in there!
    (Post being monitored by Sino-
    Google)
    MRDAD
  7. Carol66

Carol66 New Member

Thank you Anne for caring :) God Bless you, I have not been on for weeks. I am catching up it meant a lot to get your reply!
  8. Carol66

Carol66 New Member

Great advice! Thank you for your time and you information God Bless you.
  9. kimkane

kimkane New Member

I filed 4 yrs ago. I did win last August. During that time I found a page at ss you might be interested in reading.

It explains the process that SS fallow.
    Hope it helps,

www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook

and here is another that a fellow sufferer has taken the time to make to help everyone.

www.hometownaol.com/micki55555/fibrossdi.html

Good luck to you, hang in there, Kim
  10. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

How do your doctors feel about you applying? Was it their decision or yours?

In my case, I was told that I had stop working so therefore I had to file. I fell asleep more than once while driving, at my desk when I was working, in my car in the parking lot during my lunch hour (I would set the alarm on my cell phone), and lately I haven't been able to stand on my own two feet and had very pretty bruises. That was my rheumatologist and my primary care doctor.

If you're doctors are with you on this, than they must have had people who had filed before for something. Maybe they can refer you to a lawyer. That's what happened with me. When my rheumy finally put his foot down and I was lower than low and agreed, he gave me the name of a lawyer that he has worked with on these kinds of cases. Ask everyone you know. Get the word out there. Make sure you don't have to pay anything up front... they should take a percentage of your retroactive payment... it runs between 20-40 percent.

I'm a wreck every day because I don't have a clue what's going on and I am my sole support.

Good luck from my whole heart to you.
    Tigger

11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

the is a set fee these attorneys are allowed to charge....

i believe the most they can get right now is 5800.00 total...they send in the bill to ssa..ssa reviews it then pays the attorney directly...

and if you do not win, you do not owe a dime...ok everyone...

no money up front....

disabilitysecrets.com

jodie