Dental device for UARS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Jun 4, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

is anyone using a dental device for Upper Airway restictive Syndrome? I have UARS and am looking into a device and would like some input from other users.
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm glad to see you post. I have been wondering how you got along with your sleep study.I'm just so gald you got it done. Sorry, I don't know much about the dental devices but I'm sure someone will.

Kathy.
  3. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

I have obstructive sleep apena and I just got a

snore guard from the dentist for 350.00.

What it does is push your bottom jaw forward so your tongue doesnt block your airway when you sleep.

I have 2 sleep studies as well. and not interested in the cpap crap.

Seems to be the money racket of the 2000's.

The sleep Dr. suggested his dentist he uses..
    ha ha ..they charge a 1.00 consultation and then the

snore guard starts...at $800.00.

fat chance

anyway a good dental college can do them too for a lot less.

that works with braces too.

one more thing... I dont drool with mine and can keep it on all nite long

maybe you need to have yours re ajusted,

SO far I have used my snore guard for a week( I just got it last week ) and it works great.

[This Message was Edited on 06/04/2006]
  4. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Nanjee, what is the name of your device? Can you move your jaw from side to side and up and down a bit? In the province I live in there is only one place you can get these and they only offer one kind it is called the TAP. I would like to have more options. The drooling thing is apparently very common but is supposed to subside after a while. LOL I bet you don't want anyone watching you sleep, huh?

Wildflower, have you, or are you having another sleep study done with your snore thingy? From what I have read it is very important to make sure it is stopping the apnea and not just the snoring. They recommend having another study done with the appliance in. I sure hope it has helped your apnea!
  5. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

well, they sucked me into 2 sleep studies and the sleep dr
    said I should do another one.....* laughing * when pigs fly*