Dental/Sinus surgeryHELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by leubie, Apr 24, 2006.

1. leubie

leubie New Member

Hey Yall, starting in feb--------i had 3 teeth up top pulled one on the bottom------------all in the back on the left side-------the one up top closet to the front------------left a hole in gums exposing my sinus--------------dentoist did nothing to fix until April 1st---------2 stiches----------they both fell out the next day----------2 root canal later -asked several times to fix as snot is comming out through the hole in my mouth--------last week he sends me to oral surgeon---------ive asked twice about going to my ENT--------dentist jumped down my throat and said no-go to my oral surgeon guy-----------well i went to my ENT----GUESS WHAT? -----tomorow im going for cat scan of sinus-------for sinus surgery!!!!!!!!!!--what should i do?????Do i get another opion from a dentist/oral surgeon of my choice???--------My insurance only pays so much in dental and im almost there-------------do i need a lawyer?????--------it just seems my dentist dropped the ball somewhere along the lines----------ive missed alot of work because of this and feel like im about to be fired over this--------why should I have to keep paying for the DENTIST MISTAKES?????????PLEASE RESPOND I NEED ADVICE????????????---------THANKS AND LOVE TO ALL--------LAURA
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and get the cat scan and see what comes of of it...

i workd for an oral surgeon and we would do what they called a sinus lift...

see if this si something that can be covered by your medical insurance first...i sounds like you need some antibiotics in case of infections.....

alot of general dentist refer certain cases to oral surgeion they have specialed extra training and schooling specializing in certain things that gp do not do...sometimes it is not the dentist fault on how you heal...so don't be quick to jump the gun...maybe soemthing else is going on...first rule out other things...maybe polyps in your sinus cavity...

what did the oral surgeon say? if you went.

go from there...

jodie
  3. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

The roots of some teeth can extend into the sinus. If they are pulled, that leaves an open avenue into the sinus.

HOWEVER, it should have been closed by the dentist at the time of the surgery, AND NEVER HAVE BEEN LEFT OPEN.

You should have been placed on antibiotics, as well.

Leaving the mouth open to the sinuses could lead to gross contamination of both areas.

THE DENTIST NEEDS TO HAVE HIS BUTT KICKED.

However, get the sinus x-ray and see what it shows. You may just need to have the area where the tooth intruded closed and it wouldn't be a big deal.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Laura:
    You might want to go to the doctor you trust the most.
    If you trust none of them, you might want to seriously look for one. And if can not hurt to check with an attorney.
    Good luck.

nyrofan
  5. leubie

leubie New Member

Hey Yall, i want to thank each of yall for responding-----------i was really feeling sorry for myself yesterday------------I just couldnot believe this was something else i was going to have to do----------having fibro and all it little cousins that come w/ it-anyways---------just came back from my cat scan-----------guess ill hear from myENT soon. Thanks again yall----------I love this site---although i dont post much --------this is the first place i come after work-------i honestly do not know what i would do w/out yall and this site--------------SO THANK-YOU -----------AND LOVE TO ALL ------------LAURA