Dental work in Mexico?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ILoveGreen, Oct 2, 2011.

1. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

I found a 2-year-old thread about having amalgram fillings removed in Mexico, but has anyone had any experience with having a crown/onlay done? While it sounds like a good idea financially, I can't help but think of all of the "what ifs", and esp what if it needs to be redone and winds up costing even more in the end?

I looked @ dentists in Puerto Vallarta, and they are affiliated with local resorts where you get discounts, although I haven't yet rec'd a response re what kind of resort or discount. Their prices are 75-80% cheaper than here...

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.
  2. SuzanneFromSeattle

SuzanneFromSeattle New Member

I've been to Dental Bernal in Los Algodones (just over the border from Yuma, Arizona) four times.

I've had implants, crowns, extractions, a root canal, and a sinus boost with no problems.

If you'd like to read the journal from my first trip in 2006, email me at my yahoo address (removed, not permitted)).

Suzanne from Seattle
  3. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

I am in serious need of dental work and suspect it is at least contributing to my health issues. It is just too expensive here!!

Suzanne, your email address is @ where?? I would love to see your experience.

(members are not allowed to post personal info. here, including @ addresses and e-addresses-Prohealth moderator)
  4. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

for the replies. Too bad the board is "censored" to the point that we can't exchange e-mail addresses and be of help to each other and offer one another real SUPPORT insomuchas it has no effect on the business of ProHealth...
  5. Jittle

Jittle Member

My husbands friend goes to Mexico all the time for major dental work because of the price. He has never had a problem
  6. misskoji

misskoji Member

ProHealth values our privacy and safety very much. I am grateful for this.

This is a safety consideration, not a competitive business consideration.

I hope this clears this up.

7. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

Recall the nature of my post: Inquiry about Dental work in Mexico (The inquiry being about the quality of dental work in Mexico @ 75-80% less than U.S. prices). How could anyone be of any help without referring me to a website? What harm would that do to ProHealth? They certainly couldn't be held liable for such an off-the-cuff referral. Many of us are (now) in a place where we could use all the help we can get being financially creative.

No one values their privacy more than I do since having been a victim of ID theft and all it entails for the past 10 years. However, I also value my right to freedom of speech, which includes being able to share information as I see fit without censorship when not infringing on ProHealth's business interest. If we want to trade personal e-mails or refer others to helpful sites, where is the harm in that? I do not subscribe to the school of thought that "ignorance is bliss", but then thankfully I am resourceful. I just prefer to have references to back up my resources.

I hope this clears THIS up.

8. misskoji

misskoji Member

I was not trying to scold you or offend you.

We encourage people to exchange infromation and resources. There is so little being done about our illnesses, we need all of the information we can get.

ProHealth just has gentle rules in place regarding commercial sites, and others. As long as your links do not lead to a commercial site or violate any rules, you are encouraged and welcomed to post links to information and resources.

I too, understand the need to save money when possible. So many of struggle with limited means. I hope you can find answers and get the info you are looking for.

All my best,
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We may go to live chat and into private chat rooms but the rules there are the same as here, no providing of e-addresses or @ addresses.

Love, Mikie
  10. emah

emah Member

I had a friend go to Mexico for dental work and based on that I would say Don't do it.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I think it was a common practice some time ago but it is against the rules to exchange personal info. So, if you want to chat, just go into a private room but don't give out personal info. I understand that people make friends here and would like to stay in touch away from the boards, but it just isn't safe and Prohealth is dedicated to keeping this site as safe as possible. It's sad that there are people out there who would hack another's computer but it happened to me and my PC hard drive was destroyed.

I would hope that in the future, we might have a way of doing PM's on this site. I know site upgrades are costly so I understand if it isn't possible right now.

Love, Mikie