Dental work???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reebok22202, Oct 2, 2006.

1. reebok22202

reebok22202 New Member

Last year I had some extensive dental work done that set off a trigger at the bottom of my esophagus. I started having projectile vomiting. Coughing so bad it'd make me gasp for air. Went through all sorts of testing....found nothing. I honestly believe it was the dental work. Now, I went back to the dentist a year later (Just recently), had a good bit more dental work done...to the point of my face being bruised for a week and a half....now, it seems as though I can eat or drink nothing for the sensitivity. Anyone with Fibro have problems getting their dental work done????
  2. BethM

BethM New Member

Hi, reebok. Dental work other than routine cleanings will send me into a flare.

Unfortunately, my new dentist seems to think all my crowns need to be replaced. sigh. I have two temporary crowns now, and after the permanent ones are set on the 16th, I'm calling a moratorium on dental work for awhile.

I'm also finding that the vibrations from the drilling seems to be affecting other teeth that weren't problematic before. This has me worried.

I'm not sure my dentist understands fibro, so I guess I need to do some teaching.

Dental work is NOT on my list of favorite things!

I don't know what to say about your responses to your dentist's work on you. We all react oddly in different ways to different stresses. Although, my mouth has been very sensitive since this last crown was worked on last week. I think we just react more and in unusual ways. Our nervous systems are hypersensitive.

You may want to have a long talk with your dentist about all this, unless you already have.

feel better soon,

Beth.

3. tandy

tandy New Member

I have such a bad time after dental work that I've grown a fear for having my teeth worked on.
    An anxiety really.

Even cleanings bother me,tho not as much as acual fillings or extractions,root canal's,etc.
    I have alot of work to be done and I just hate the thought of it.

I know what your going thru~
    Hope the sensitivity gets better soon.