Dentist-Overwhelming pain from needles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Mar 3, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I went to the dentist today to have a tooth filled and for a deep cleaning.When the doctor put the needle in to numb my mouth.I about jumped through the roof.The second injection was just as bad.The pain was about a 10.I was so dizzy that I thought that I was going to pass out.Needles used to never bother me at the dentist before the fibro got bad,Antbody else with this experience?
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

the needle injection was Horribly painful!!
    I assumed it was because I had an infection present.
    I had to have an abcess drained,cleaned out with antiseptic,and stitched.
    I have a fear of dental work anyways~
    Its worse than my anual pap and pelvic exam!
    lol no kidding really :)
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i would certainly call to have the crwon adjusted, you will not, i repeat need to get numbed up for this...he will use some articulataing paper to see where the crown is high...

you bite on that...it will be like filing your own fingernails...

you don't want to leave it like that i can cause other problems to your other teeth....

jodie
  4. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

The shots do hurt, and it seems he keeps giving me, more and, more.. The medicine makes my heart race, and feel like it is going to come, out of my body.....

I will try my best, not to flinch a muscle, even though the tooth is still not deadned.... just where he will not inject anymore of the medicine, into me.........

Then, where he stuck me , it makes my gums sore, and that takes a while to heal....

But, the two times he tried the gas, I thought ,I was having a heart attack .. He told me ,that no one had ever c/o, chest pain........................
  5. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

he lines up the needle at the back of the mouth where the 'gum' meets (for want of a better word) and then i half close my mouth so its relaxed back there and then he puts the needle in.

i hardly feel it and he is so gentle.
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Don't they give you topical at the injection site so you won't feel the needle. MAybe the brand they are using oesn't work for you. Ask them to use topical! Lynn
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

hurt so bad from the pain.Thank you for letting me know that I'm not alone.It's so hard to figure what's fibro related sometime.I did get a topical.I'll suggest closing my mouth a little to the dentist next time.Linda
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have to take a pain pill before I go to the dentist. I've never been dizzy, but I've been in a lot of pain from that shot before. I just hate it. Luckily I haven't had to have anything done lately to need a shot.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. jen_miester27

jen_miester27 New Member

i used to be so scared of going to the dentist because of the shots, but i finally found a nice and caring doctor, who prescribed me a pill called halcion. which i take one hour before my procedure. she then gives me the gas, and i promiss you i dont feel a thing. its almost nice going to the dentist. scarey thought huh!??? hahahah! but its true.