DENTURE WEARERS BEFORE OR AFTER?????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Apr 8, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

dID YOU GET OUR DENTURES BEFORE GETTING SICK OF AFTER?
  2. jhmitch

jhmitch New Member

I inherited "soft" teeth that crumbled (my father lost his before age 40) and I had dentures by the time I was 42.

Though I had FMS symptoms nearly all my adult life, it truly didn't get to a full-blown stage until I was 49 and had a hysterectomy.
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I pulled 22 teeth all at once. I was sick but mainly with sinus things. I'm glad I pulled them all. Yes, dentures are a pain but my real teeth where much much worse. I've had CF/FM for many years. I do not deal with all the sinus problems anymore since pulling them.
    Dee50:)
  4. darude

darude New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm getting uppers only and wondering if any of you had immediate dentures after extraction.
  5. darude

darude New Member

6. Suze

Suze New Member

Had nine teeth extrated and an immediate denture put in. I requested only novocaine. I normally have a hard time getting numb, but it was fine. I drove myself home afterward.

I expected major pain, but was very pleasantly surprised to have almost none. I didn't even fill the prescription for pain meds. I'm told it's because the pressure of the denture keeps pain down as well as swelling. I also credit the arnica I took for a few days before.

It really wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared. Sooo glad I did it! I think you will be, too.