deodarant question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Nov 27, 2005.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

I've been using the same deodarant for 2 years now and all of a sudden I'm having a reation to it. Has anyone else ahd a problem with this too?? I break out in a rash and it feels like my skin is on fire.
  2. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

What are you using? I too was use to using an over the counter deordorant, but changed to natural stuff. That's been a question on this board for awhile is what is the best deordorant to use.

I buy mine at a health food store and it is a crystal roll on. No fragrance but it works very well. They make it in a crystal rock too but you have to rub that on forever to make it effective so I found it in a liquid roll on.

I like it alot and I don't stink (excuse the bluntness)

Hope that helps,

Bet2
  3. getfitat40

getfitat40 New Member

I finally settled on Dove for sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out any more. My dermatologist also gave me a prescription for a lotion that I used all summer. It is key that your underarms stay dry...

Nancy
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

I have been using old spice forever now either the paste type or the solid forever. Never had a problem. Might be time to change though..... Thanks for the input!
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

D/A and have used it over just shaved skin and had no problems at all. The one I use is mildly scented and I really like it a lot.

I have sensitive skin too and really like this D/A. You can get it unscented if you like.

Hugs,
    Faye
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm a Dove fan too .. subtle scent and very affective !
    Fudge : )
  7. cats3

cats3 New Member

I use THAI Crystal Deodorant Stone got it at Whole Foods.
    Also can get it at health food stores.

gives 24 hr protection

made from crystallized natural mineral salts

contains no harmful chemicals, oils, perfumes or emusifiers

TO USE: simply wet the stone and generously apply to underarm area. Dries immediately.

Contains no Aluminum Chlorhydrate

Also can use for foot odors.

8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

recommends Dove as the mildest soap on the market(regular)
  9. Suzan

Suzan New Member

A crystal deoderant stone. It is the best thing I have ever used! I wake up in the morning..still smelling GOOD!LOL
    I got mine at drugstore dot com. But I know you can find them at health food stores as well. I would recommend them highly. I got my first one that was just a round clear stone that you wet with water...I liked it so well..I bought the one that is in a regular deoderant holder...about$5 and they say it lasts about a year.
  10. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

I use Dove for sensitive skin also and have no problems.
  11. peachbunnee

peachbunnee New Member

I bought the apricot scent - it's just a deodorant, no antiperspirant in it. Seems to work well.

[ advertisement ]