depo + fibro/cfs???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkstar, Dec 1, 2005.

1. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

is anyone here on depo provera? if so, did you find that symptoms increased on it? or did your symptoms START while taking it???

i need some feedback... i started feeling sick around the same time i started depo... though i think that is a big coincidence, since it is also about the same time i got mono... and since i moved into my humid apartment, i've been SO SICK.... and when i leave the apartment for a number of days, my energy kicks in and i feel better a bit... then i come back, and the headaches and fatigue and everything kick me in the bum! is this weird?

feedback please! thanks!
    -Lauryn
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

dont know about the provera but seems your apartment has something to do with you being sick. When you say humid, do you mean damp?????? Well, both are wet and probably affect the body in the same way.

Can you move to another apartment?? If its possible I would.

love
    Rosie
  3. ljrfrm

ljrfrm New Member

I have been on Depo for 4 years, never any problems......until now! My symptoms all started a few days after my last injection. The dr. feels it's a coincidence, but I don't know.......I have stopped taking depo in case. I think I may already have had problems....and the depo brought out the symptoms. My other dr. told me that she's heard several of her FM patients claim that they thought it was related to the depo. On a side note, I had a bone scan because I was on the depo for so long....and I already have osteopenia....at age 39. So, the depo really caused my bones to thin too. So, be careful of depo and don't stay on it too long. I wish my dr. would have warned me!
  4. millennia

millennia New Member

My best friend got so sick when she started depo. Everyone responds differently to it. The worst part about depo though, is that it is in your system for 3 months. She just had to wait the 3 months before she got better.