DEPRESS LOOKING FOR CHAT FRIENDS

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mnsangel57, Apr 30, 2003.

1. mnsangel57

mnsangel57 New Member

i AM LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT SUFFER WITH DEPRESSION. tHAT WOULD LIKE TO CHAT WITH ME EVERY DAY ABOUT ARE PROBLEMS. mAYBE WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER. aLSO HAVE A BIG WEIGHT PROBLEM. i AM MARRIED WITH 3 DAUGHTERS AND 2 GRANDKIDS. i AM 57....wAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL.
  2. deblouwhit

deblouwhit New Member

HI! Do you take meds for your depression? I do, they help most of the time. I have 4 children 1 grandchild and one on the way.I am on lay off from my job. I also have a weight problem. I do exercize and try to watch what I eat, but the weight just doesn't want to leave me! I'm not on line everyday, but will chat if you like. Good luck!
  3. mnsangel57

mnsangel57 New Member

I was glad to hear from you. Hope we can become good friends. Do you have aim, msn, icq, or yahoo instant messager. Please send me your screen name so we can start chatting. Your new friend Marilyn
  4. deblouwhit

deblouwhit New Member

Hello again. I have yahoo instant messenger, but my daughter also has it , so sometimes it's her on, not me, it's deblouwhit@yahoo.com It was good to get your message. I am new at this so please be patient with me. I had a bad day yesterday, so I hope today is better! God Bless!
  5. mana

mana New Member

Hello. My name is Mana and I'm 20. I suffer from severe depression, too, and I have a doctor's appointment Tuesday to get some help. I could use a friend to talk to about what's going on. I feel like I'm all alone most of the time, even when there are people around. I will be looking for you in the chat room.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2003]
  6. mnsangel57

mnsangel57 New Member

Was glad to hear from you. Hope we can become good friends and help each other. Do you have aim, yahoo, icq. or msn instant messager? If so send me your screen name. So we can chat Marilyn
  7. tlynn

tlynn New Member

I would be willing to chat with people about depression also. Let me know how to contact you & get you my address.
  8. mnsangel57

mnsangel57 New Member

You can reach me at mnsangel@msn.com. Will be waiting to hear from you. your new friend marilyn
  9. narelleanne

narelleanne New Member

Hi there i suffer from reactive depression....U do feel alone and i feel ugly and worthless at times specially if someone hurts u...im 46 years old but sometimes i feel 146..hope to hear from you as chatting takes your mind off it....
  10. narelleanne

narelleanne New Member

Hi there i suffer from reactive depression....U do feel alone and i feel ugly and worthless at times specially if someone hurts u...im 46 years old but sometimes i feel 146..hope to hear from you as chatting takes your mind off it....
  11. mnsangel57

mnsangel57 New Member

Give me your screename and if you have icq, aim, yahoo, or msn messagers. Marilyn
  12. Littlemoosqueak

Littlemoosqueak New Member

Hi,Im not on very often but would like to talk to you.My husband suffered from depression.Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2003]
  13. mozietob

mozietob New Member

hi,
    I also suffer from depression and would LOVE someone to talk to. I have been in therapy 18 months and just started meds 3 weeks ago. Progree is slow, I am wondering if the meds are helping at all. What about you?
  14. meggie4112

meggie4112 New Member

hello my name is meggie and was wondering if i would like to talk sometime . i can understand what u are going through . i have been put on many different medications for depression, my newest on is lexapro . i am also overweight. sin , meggie , njasmine6@alltel.net
  15. mnsangel57

mnsangel57 New Member

Let me know what chat, you have like, icq, msn messager. Marilyn
  16. tinker-belle

tinker-belle New Member

Hi guys. Just in case you weren't aware, if you go to the depression message board, on top right it says "chat", you can chat anytime with people who suffer from depression over there... I go there sometimes too :)
  17. Kingskid

Kingskid New Member

If you want to Chat give me a yell we can all use friends Seems like the best friends I have are on the NET
    Yes I do get depressed & have FM.
    e-mail HeavenlyFather@peoplepc.com
    Blessings to all The chat on here is a lifeline
    as tinker Bell said
  18. OhZone

OhZone New Member

Weight problems can be a result of depression. Then you get more depressed because you are overweight.
    You may have a dietary imbalance.
    Or, you simply may have parasites. Yes, about 85% of the population has parasites, and some people can react to the toxic overload from their excretions. See your doctor and insist on being tested for several different types. You will have to be insistent, because this problem is so prevalent with the majority of people that they consider it "normal".

At 57 you are comparatively young.
    What do you do with your time?
    Chatting on message boards is not a cure, or even a palliative for depression. Talking to others who are depressed only makes all of you more depressed. This is the same thing as getting drunk with other drunks, and you sit there talking about quitting the drinking.
    If you are not working,, you should think about going to work. YOu could even go to school. Make the most of yourself. Strive to be all that you can be. Fulfill your potential.