Depressed or Don't Care

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by jaminhealth, Jan 1, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Probably both....I'm down with body pain and being cold and some family issues that aren't good....

So today, first time I can remember in my adult life, that I wasn't enthused to turn on the Rose Parade...still haven't...it will be repeated all day.

Feel better icing and heating my body and listening to my radio.

I did go out last night for bridge and dinner with my friends...so guess not all is lost.

I'm down but not a clinical depression....situations....

Make it as good a 2013 as we all can. jam
  2. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

I'm sorry you're feeling this way--sending you hugs. I know how pain and situations can bring you down--was like this about a month ago.

Hope you feel better soon--

Georgia
  3. mbofov

mbofov Member

That's how I felt yesterday, when I relapsed again with the sore throat and just feeling so tired and sick. Feeling unwell can definitely bring us down and is definitely situational - my mood is better today, and physically I feel better today - family issues on top of that can be extra tough to deal with as well. I know this is not your normal mood.

I hope 2013 will be better for us all!

Mary
  4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

So sorry and hope things improve. If it helps to know you're not alone, I'm going through a very painful/challenging family situation too right now; it's not easy at all. It's important to validate your feelings and let them out. To get perspective, I keep trying to tell myself that this is a moment in time and that nothing stays the same. Even in very difficult times of our life, life never stays the same and things can improve. Take good care of yourself.

Thinking of you my friend and hope you feel better,

Erika
  5. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Christmas season is a hard time for me......family interactions and that brings me down. I'm trying to stay busy today, organizing my closets. That keeps my mind off unhappiness, things that didn't change in 2012, people who continually let me down.

I haven't watched the rose parade in at least 5 years and I don't miss it. It used to be a ritual with me....take down my tree while watching the floats. Now I just have a live tree I bring in and it's already outside. I've also been hit hard with this flu that's going around. I've called the clinic 3 times already and find that the wait is almost 2 hrs. I think I'll pass on sitting around the sick people and maybe picking up more germs.
  6. MicheleK

MicheleK Moderator

Sorry to hear you are feeling down Jam, as well as the other posters who commented.

Situational things that bring us down are not pleasant. Whenever that hits me I think of all the patients who have non stop clinical depression. I wonder how they deal with that and ME, CFS, MCS, FM, etc. on top of the depression. It's got to be a torturous struggle.

I hope this will pass quickly for you and you will be back to your usual chipper self.

Hugs, MicheleK
  7. jaminhealth

to my pendulum, RoseAnn....asking if the major stiffness and pain are related to the colder weather and I got a strong YES.....

Then asked will I feel better once the warmer weather comes again...(that's a while) and got a strong YES....

So hope that's true....

The family stuff, some will pass as things do...my daughter is having a foot issue and looks like surgery this year....that's going to be tough on her, children, a dog, lots of steps where she lives....it goes on with her challenges....How one child can bring so much concern and stress.....Bless her heart, so trys so hard and is doing good and then something happens....

Trying to work my principles and trying to release so much.

Sun, Seeing another acupuncturist this week since my rheumy is gone, it will be interesting to compare their techniques.... I don't miss seeing the parade actually, seen SO MANY.

I have NOT been sick sick so I am thankful there...sorry to hear you others are having some issues there.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/01/2013]
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

We SO CA people are always in for a shock when the temps go down. I'm feeling the pain from it too...as well as the feeling of doom that the "holidays" always bring to me.

You're always so supportive here Jam, and you are appreciated. Get out in the sun today, it's beautiful in the IE. I was outside earlier and the warm sun felt so good on my aching body!

I'm off to the dentist in awhile...not my idea of fun on top of all the body and head aches I've been constantly having for months! Yuck.....xoxo H
  9. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Sorry, you are going through this but when we hurt and family issues it does a number on us causing depression or at the time just don't give a darn..

I have both along with clinical depression caused by lyme.. So sick and tired of feeling this way and since Thanksgiving just haven't been able to bounce back..

Keep us updated.. I know you will bounce back..
  10. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I hope it helps you to know that you have always been such a wealth of information and insight to a lot of people on this board. I always look forward to your posts because you tell it like it is, just like you did right now.

You are right in saying that it is probably "life situations" that has brought you down a little right now. I happen to be in a HUGE flare right now, work is difficult to keep up with and I have been having situations to with my family, but I won't get into that right now.

Going out with friends to dinner is a huge help, even it it is just for the "moment"
    I did go out for New Years Eve, overdid it a little and now am paying for it dearly, hate to say, but it's true.

All you and I or anybody for that matter can do is say "tomorrow is another day" and this too shall pass, or whatever that old wisdom saying happens to be.

Take care of yourself, like you always do, hang in there Jam :) Love ya, Chelz.
  11. jaminhealth

is a flare which I never knew what that was...I'm having more pain than ever...we'll see...
  12. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Thinking of you and hope you start to feel better soon.. Maybe a flare, maybe the cold weather and stress, seems we never know what is the cause and it is MISERY... I have found Rest and avoid stress if possible always helps. Believe me I could write a book on family stress, in fact I had one doc tell me to divorce my family .... Thanks for the update and keep us posted.. hugs
  13. jaminhealth

yesterday and I actually didn't have all the pain and horrible stiffness I've been collecting for a couple weeks.

So now I'm pretty convinced the weather had a huge factor in how I was feeling....

Always in a state of general pain but the last couple weeks so much worse.....

Also started with Arnica Montana again and that could be helping with it all.

So today is warming too and the weekend...

Divorcing my family, I don't have much left but my adult child, some days, oh brother.... I've resigned myself to my sister's progressing MS, nothing I can do about that....

Letting gooooooooooo.....
  14. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

The new year isn't starting off too well for me, either, hon. But I just wanted to let you know that YOU always inspire ME! I didn't have a tree, decorations or even an ornament. As usual, the grandkids got presents. As usual, my husband and I didn't (that gets pretty old after so many years). My "adopted" son (who my real kids say I am trying to replace them with - gee, THERE'S an idea!) sat down and hand made me a beautiful amethyst necklace and a bone choker for my husband (and they wonder why I love him so much!) and my UK pen pal sent a wonderful crystal. Sometimes I think it's our friends who REALLY know us that are the most wonderful gift of all!

Keep interacting with friends, and remember when you get down there is a little fire-hydrant shaped Eskimo who thinks you're pretty special!

Soft hugs,
    Stacey
  15. greatgran

greatgran Member

Loved what you said... I once had a doc tell me to do just that. Haven't yet but at times I feel like it.. but those little ones pull my heart strings.. Hope you are still seeing some improvement... hugs