Depressed Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 25, 2005.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello, friends,
    Just a reminder of how you helped me with the crisis I had in the past, things have been going very well.
    Well: today I am depressed and I mean deeply depressed. It came out of nowhere. I woke up late and can not seem to do anything. So, I pushed and slowly got a few things done and I just can not wait to go back to bed. I guess I am angry also: probably from being alone most of the time. So, where else do I go, but here.
    Not on the pity-pot. I know the difference. This feels physical.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so sorry you are feeling down today; I so know the feeling. (Do you have an antidepressant for depression?)

I'm glad you came here for support. Because this depression is physical, if you don't feel better in a few days, you might give your doc a call. No need to feel like this if you don't have to!

So, I hope a day off, resting in bed makes things look better. I just wish I could reach my magic wand and make you feel better now.

Take care of yourself.

Sue

3. Leehe

Leehe New Member

Nyrofan,sorry you are in the dumps today, guess what? I'm there myself, and misery needs company.I'm by myself most of the time, if i'm not working. No social life, exept work and home. We just need to find something to motivate as, know what it is? let me know. Maybe together we can make a difference in our life.

PEACE
    Leehe
  4. hidlyn

hidlyn New Member

I've just had a case of depression hit me again. I had been so proud of myself for not being on medication while I was pregnant and after 2 years I have not used Prozac. Just recently I had to get back on it. I don't know if it's the stress of the disability application I was working on or not, but as you said, it feels physical. Depression is truly physical and NOT a pity-pot. :)

I'm sorry you're feeling that way, and unfortunately I don't have much advice. I too often feel very lonely despite having children and a husband. I think depression can leave you feeling lonely even in a crowd. I've had it happen.

I hate when people tell me to look for a support group, because I have never been able to find one and I'm too sick to really get to become friends with anyone. The effort of trying to go to a meeting is just too much. I hope both of us will come out of this soon. I know for me I've just started back on Prozac and hope it will help soon. Have you considered any medication with your doctors? It's not for everyone, but for me it has helped in the past.

Take good care of yourself and lots of ((((HUGS))))

Heidi
  5. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sue:
    I think that is what I was needing the most of today: someone to tell it to. Thank you for trying to wave your magic wand over me and the gentle hug. Bless you.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  6. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

To All of You Lovely Ladies
    who answered so quick after Sue: thank you so much.
    I guess I needed someone to talk to.Some people who would understand. It is a relief you always come to the rescue.
    I try to answer posts and hope I can be a positive influence.

I am on Celexa 10mg., but I might talk to my doctor about the dosage.

Thank you all, dear hearts all
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

If I only had a magic wand! Just think how well we would all be! I'm sure I could do a virtual wand wave...(-: (Say that one 5 times quickly!)

Nyrofan...you probably should ask you doctor about your doseage. Seems like a small amount. Even doubling it would be light dose. It may just help through the winter months. Do you have trouble with SAD? I do! Love my light.

Take care...

Hugs,
    Sue

8. Maltese

Maltese New Member

Hello Nyro: sorry you didn't have a good day, and feel down, but, I just want you to know, you are definitely not alone. I get like that many days........and don't know why I even bother to get up, but, I must, for myself, my husband, and my kids. The only thing I can pass on to you, Nyro, is that I keep trying new things....and I pray a lot, and seek counsel. If you don't have any family, I would suggest, that you try to get a therapist, who is trained in dealing with illness's of this sort, to help you cope. Nyro, I also try to go for a short walk if it's not too nasty out, right now, the fall months are changeable. Also, if you like to read, go to a library, or bookstore, and look for books, that will help you to cope, like, (affirmations, that give you a lift). I also, buy myself some cheap flowers, at a grocery, or mart store, to help cheer me up. Today, I went for a manicure, it's not often, but once in a while, and makes me feel good to have someone cater to me. I also go to a chiropractor/therapist/accupuncturist, 2-3x, per week. Lucky for me, I have coverage, under my husband's plan. Not sure if you do, but, you can even try a massage, once in a while, if no insurance coverage. Even yoga, or pilates is supposed to be good for Fibro, or CFS, but, only as much as your body can handle. Try not to dwell, (my words, of course, need more practice), and just move on. Maybe a walk in the mall tomorrow.

I hope you feel better soon. Just remember, you are not alone, in this horrible, lonely, condition, that most doctor's, do not attempt, to even recognize, which makes us feel even more down. God hears you. Thanks for sharing.....because, now, I know, I am not as alone. Hugs too! Maltese (P.S. You can meet me in Fibro Chat, most days of week. I usually check in with them, anywhere, from, 7PM to 11PM sometimes later, if i can't sleep).
  9. tonakay

tonakay New Member

sorry you're feeling so down. I know my doggies help me through the day, maybe you should get one.......
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

You have such an abundance of unconditional caring and sharing it is just such a joy to check in here. I started feeling better late this afternoon and the suggestions I will follow up on.
    I did not know you could just join chat without any password or anything. I'm assuming that once you are registered and logged in you could go.Please let me know if it is otherwise I will give it a shot tomorrow.
    Thank you,
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  11. SoxFan

SoxFan New Member

So sorry you're feeling down today. I was in that boat a couple of weeks ago, and I too felt so much better from the wonderful support I got from the people here. Hang in there - this will pass. Do something nice for yourself today. You deserve it.
  12. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you!
    Yes, thank God you were there for me yesterday. It's probably the worst depression I've had in a while.
    Today I don't feel as depressed and I know each one of you had a hand in my getting out of it. Who else is there to tell. You really do care and I try to anwer posts, too.
    Originally I would read, but now that I am posting I'm also responding more and that helps.

Today I don't feel depressed, but have so much fatigue I can't believe it. The only difference between yesterday and today is that I don't have those depressive thoughts, just a real tiredness I can not seem to shake.

Thank you again. You girls really tell it like it is!
    And it is so much appreciated from all of you.

Hugs,
    NyroFan
  13. JLH

JLH New Member

NyroFan,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are down in the dumps, today. I am, too, really. I had a bad day on Monday and I'm still paying for it. I'm in severe pain all over and so fatigued that I can't put one foot in front of the other. Then, when I look at my house, I feel even more down!

I wish we could get together, sit at the table and drink coffee, and tell jokes about how bad each of us feel, until we start laughing!

Then, we could grab our canes and go take a short walk in the cool, brisk, fall air. The walk would have to be short because my bad back will only let me stand up about 10 minutes!! That means a trip down my driveway and right back!!! HeeHee!

Try keeping your TV on whether you are in the room or not--up loud enough for you to hear. It seems as if there is someone else in the house with you! I always have my TV on!

I wish I had some magic solution for us, but can't think of anything right now.

Maybe just getting on the board here and talking with everyone will help!!!

Like you, I don't have an emotional depression, it's always a physical one, if that makes sense to everyone. It's because I am not able to do ANYTHING! I have such a hard time standing up, walking, which means that I can't get any cooking or cleaning done, it's hard for me to drive anywhere because I don't have the strength to walk in any store after I drive there. It just makes life suck when you can't do anything physical. I know my body ailments would feel better if I could lose weight, but I can't seem to do that either!

Hope things brighten up for you as the day moves on!

Much love,
    Janet