depressed?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by importer, May 19, 2003.

1. importer

importer New Member

Hello, I am a 26-year-old male. I do not really know what is wrong with me. I seem to be suffering from some of the symptoms of depression but I don’t know. Maybe I just need to get off my ass and do something with my life and stop feeling sorry about myself. All I know is when I think about it, it has been a long time since I have felt good about myself. There are lots of things that I could have done differently in my life that would have put me in a better situation then I am in now. But I think about that stuff too much. I am always wishing I was 18 again or 21 or anytime but now. How the hell will I feel when I am 50 or 70? I can’t remember when I had a good time doing anything. Whenever I try to do things that I used to enjoy it does not feel the same. It feels as if something is missing. I used have fun with friends but in the last year and a half I have really become anti social. On Friday nights I do not like sitting in my house. But when I go out, I just go to bars where I won’t meet anybody I know. I usually just do a lot of driving around. I never talk to anybody. Sometimes the bartender will even notice that I look down. What can I do about this? I think it would help if I talked to somebody but I have an HMO and I don’t even know if it would cover therapy or whatever. Does anybody else have an HMO here?
  2. danisue22

danisue22 New Member

Hi, He feels alot like you. but you can't keep looking backwards that will get you no where.I'm sure you have lots of talents you just need to find out what you really would like to do and go do it. Most towns have a mental health clinic and they usually work on a sliding scale for payment.Maybe you could check into that ,if not in your town maybe one close to you. Do you work?If your spending all the time alone maybe you have to much time to think about all the past stuff.Find something to volenteer for that helps others it's a good way to get your mind off yourself and focused on others needs and you'd probably meet some people you'd have some thing in common with. My best to you. I hope this helps you some by for now Danisue