depressed

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jem2995, Aug 19, 2009.

1. jem2995

jem2995 New Member

can't seem to get motivated to do anything. can't sleep. don't have energy. and no matter what i do its never good enough. i cry all day every day. seems like the world is against me. dont know what to do or who to turn to.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

As you said in the other post, you are being abused physically and verbally. I discussed the domestic violence hotline and gave you an article. You will continue not to feel good and to feel depressed until you are out of the situation. Turn to the Domestic Violence Hotline (I gave you the number in the other post) and let them help you. They also can arrange for some counseling once you are out of the abusive relationship.
  3. nonamiller

nonamiller New Member

I've been where you are, honey. Step one: Get help. Go to your community counciling services and tell them you're depressed and need help. Step two: Know the world isn't against you. What you are feeling is normal for depression. You're not alone. Many others are feeling it too. You need to talk about it to someone either alone or in a group of peers. Or you can email me. joeandnona@frontiernet.net

Nona
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

It's nice that you want to help, but you want to read the entire thread. This poster is being ABUSED physically and verbally by her significant other so the depression she is feeling is not normal--it is because of violence and emotional abuse and she needs help from people trained in domestic abuse and violence to help her. She found the strength to finally reach out in two posts here (and abused woman many times find it difficult to reach out) and unless she gets good advice, she could end up beat up again at home. Here is her post so you understand what she is going through and the site you can use to refer any other abused women you come across:

http://www.prohealth.com/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=5848
  5. keetta

keetta New Member

Im so sorry that your feeling that way, I know how it feels to go through that though. I went through a period of time that I just wanted to sit in a dark room in a corner and cry. I was living in a dark hole and saw no way out, no light at the end.
    Im here to tell you that there IS a way out, you are NOT alone! Go to your Dr. and let him or her know whats going on and if they arent willing to listen go to another and another until you find someone that knows how to help you, there is medication out there to help you get through this, I know Ive been there and found the meds that I needed.
    It's hard, Im not saying it's not, but your the only one that can stop it and make it better. The longer you wait the worse it gets...life is so much more than wondering why you ever got out of bed that day. Get out there and find your answer and start living again, it is possible!!
  6. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

It's nice that you want to help, but you want to read the entire thread. This poster is being ABUSED physically and verbally by her significant other so the depression she is feeling is not normal--it is because of violence and emotional abuse and she needs help from people trained in domestic abuse and violence to help her. She found the strength to finally reach out in two posts here (and abused woman many times find it difficult to reach out) and unless she gets good advice, she could end up beat up again at home. Here is her post so you understand what she is going through and the site you can use to refer any other abused women you come across:

http://www.prohealth.com/blog/boardDetail.cfm?id=5848