depression and fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by georgie0826, Jun 23, 2008.

1. georgie0826

georgie0826 New Member

i am feeling depression like I have never felt before. I am so tired and fed up with this disease running my life. I just want to stay in bed and not deal with it. My anxiety is also off the charts. I am tired and embarrased of having to cancel plans with friends because I just can't get out of the house. It exhausts me to get ready to go out. We took a weeks vacation and I was in bed for a week recovering. Is this the way the rest of my life is going to be?
    Anyone else feel this way?
  2. cookie1960

cookie1960 New Member

dear georgie,

It sounds like you are truly in a depression. Are you being treated for this condition? Do you take medication? Do you see a psychiatrist? Many people with chronic pain and fatigue (like with FM and CFS) do deal with bouts or even constant depression.

Before I started taking medication for my depression, I spent many days in bed. Don't be afraid to reach out and discuss this either with your primary dr. or a good psychiatrist. It seems like you really need some help.

If you are on meds for depression - maybe it's time to make a switch - since it doesn't sound like they are doing anything for you.

Get out of bed, take a shower, and make a phone call to a dr. That's my advice.