Depression, depression, depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybird1, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

I know the economy is really, really rough right now, but the news media is going on & on about it so much, it just compounds the depression I really feel from FMS, not being able to retire, caregiving, job hassles, it's just too much.
    I don't think there is a pill on the market that can counter it. I just want to go to sleep for a few years and wake up when things might be better. It's getting so bad I can't even bare facing the next morning when I know I must go to work.
    It just seems so pointless to me now. Thanks for letting me
  2. Elisa

Elisa Member

No news...its known to depress.

Me too. Feel so discouraged...but I try to distract myself with as many task as possible - even just sitting down.

Movies, happy ones can help - I have a list. And I love Netflix - new movie every day. It can get your mind off things and then when your body is more relaxed it can heal more effectively.

I have two Netflix cards for free one month of movies - if anyone wants one let me know. (No I don't work for Netflix) just really like how easy it is. Order movies on-line and they come via mail to you - then leave them at your door for postman to return. A CFS dream - if there is one.

All for now,

3. ladybird1

ladybird1 New Member

Thanks for listening to me! I'll try listening to TV less and do something constructive. Maybe I'll clean out my closet (hah!)
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Yes, the news out there is quite depressing for all of us.
    I heard recently (can't remember where)that is was recommended to actually watch TV -sitcoms, a movie, the travel or entertainment channels etc. i read this to help fight depression period. It actually helps to get lost for a couple of hours in something that doesn't require too much thinking and isn't a depressing subject!

Things WILL get better. This is one of those things that I do worry about, that IS scary, but I also tell myself that I have no control over, so try not to worry so much about. Do what you can to be as smart as you can considering the current state of affairs. BUT instead of worrying about it all the time, take some mental time off from it.

I say this while we're in a very tough spot, my husband recently lost his job. We're not in a good place, but we are really trying to look at this as an opportunity for a new beginning. Scary? Heck yeah!!! BUT we certainly aren't alone, which does make us feel a bit better.

Again, turn on HGTV, or the Comedy Channel - get away from the real world for a while. It certainly can't hurt!