depression help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by kkramer, Jul 16, 2013.

1. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

are any major meat brands void of MSG jumpshot
  2. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

some of U have seen my story 'bout my church friend &his friend cured of LYME @ sonridgehealthcenter w/ electroacupuncture (EAV machine), I'm wondering if it could cure my l5 symptom that feels like fireants and sandpaper in my mouth throat bronchial. I do test +for HHV6 Neurontin masks it, it's l500 for 3 threatments + plane and motel bout 2500 which I'd have to charge on already hi debts credit crds???
  3. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

working w/FM 8 hrs. wow (I"ve fm+cfids) disabled but 5 hr. E______ has helped me along w/ adenosine (google it) and NADH worth looking into I tell U,
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Get vitamin D and thyroid levels checked, very important. See an integrative medicine doctor if necessary (see acam.org to find one - it has a search feature at top of page under "Health Resources"
    Also make sure you're getting enough omega 3's - there's a strong correlation between low omega 3 levels and depression. Fish oil and flaxseed oil are good sources.

look into 5-htp and l-tryptophan, amino acids which raise serotonin levels without the side effects of prescription anti-depressants. But don't take at the same time as SSRIs as you may develop serotonin syndrome, too much serotonin, which can be dangerous. I can't tolerate prescription AD's but do just fine with 5-htp.

And call a hotline if you are feeling suicidal. But do a lot of reserach, your own reading. It's really important to be well-informed - take care-

Mary
  5. jumpshot

jumpshot Member

stablon (European is the only l I was able to tolerate , but it's expensive, my sister helps me purchase) I have this l5 yrs. symptom in my mouth throat and bronchials feels like fire ants and sandpaper rubbing together at same time. Dr. Cheney put me on Neurontin, I was on low dose, and wasn't helping that made me more depressed, when I would advance would get slight headaches in temples, then a wreck fracture spine, put me on oxycodone and dr. saw it was a good time to advance my neur. that really helped and then went up to 3 stablon that probably helped my suicidal thoughts. Most people don't understand that many w/ CFIDS do it to get out of pain Cheneysaid.
  6. FibroJune

FibroJune Member

We can definitely tell when we have had foods with MSG in my house and we have stayed away form them for years. Great information to bring up.
  7. IceRaven3

IceRaven3 Member

I tried ALL the anti-depressants at one time or another, and, for me, they did two things: make me even MORE depressed and caused liver damage. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy. I found meditation extremely helpful, and getting involved in something that fascinated me. For me, that is birds. But you can write, craft, decorate, read to kids - there must be a gazillion ways to help. And helping is healing. For you AND the people or animals you help. And at the end of the day, you can say "I made a difference today!"
  8. FibroJune

FibroJune Member

Great advice IceRaven3
  9. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,
    One option might be taking the natural supplement lithium orotate(sp). This is a natural mineral without the dangers of dosing that you have with synthetic lithium. I know people that have done really well on it. Of course it doesn't help everyone, but it's inexpensive so your not out tons of money. For me, I found that taking Trazadone at nite, which is an older antidepressant which helps with sleep, has worked well with my overall well being.
    Take Care,
    kbak